How to migrate from 3.x to 4.x

Find out how to get things done with Servoy. Post how YOU get things done with Servoy

How to migrate from 3.x to 4.x

Postby pavelzver » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Hi there,

I have successfully imported 3.5 servoy solution into into 4.1. I just can't figure out a way for the forms and methods to show up in the developer. Is there a guide of some kind. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards.
Thanks
pavelzver

Re: How to migrate from 3.x to 4.x

Postby ptalbot » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:00 am

I suppose you imported your solution in the repository using the servoy-admin page?
They are not in developer's workspace yet.

For this you will have to check out the solution from the team server: launch developer, in the solution explorer, right-click on the 'All solutions' folder/node and choose 'Checkout'. A window will ask you to connect to localhost (which should be fine if you have imported on the localhost repository), click 'Next >' and choose the solution to check out in your workspace (Choose HEAD if you want read/write access).

You can find all the information relative to the usage of Servoy 4.x, 5.x and 5.1.x on the wiki:
http://wiki.servoy.com/
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
https://www.servoyforge.net
Velocity rules! If you don't use it, you don't know what you're missing!
ptalbot

Postby jcarlos » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:03 am

If you imported your solution in the repository using the servoy-admin page, then you also set up the Admin Setting “servoy.application_server.startRepositoryAsTeamProvider:” = False.

If you set the startRepositoryAsTeamProvider = false, what Patrick is recommending may not work (I am not sure about this. You can try it).

If you are not going to use the solution in the repository (for development purpose), you always can import your solution from Developer. Go to: File>Import…
BTW, IMHO: importing your solution from the admin is ok, especially if you are not sharing development with anybody and want to keep your development server disconnected from your production server.
jcarlos

Postby ptalbot » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:18 am

jcarlos wrote:If you imported your solution in the repository using the servoy-admin page, then you also set up the Admin Setting “servoy.application_server.startRepositoryAsTeamProvider:” = False.

If you set the startRepositoryAsTeamProvider = false, what Patrick is recommending may not work (I am not sure about this. You can try it).

If you are not going to use the solution in the repository (for development purpose), you always can import your solution from Developer. Go to: File>Import…
BTW, IMHO: importing your solution from the admin is ok, especially if you are not sharing development with anybody and want to keep your development server disconnected from your production server.

Hi Carlos!
Importing solutions to your workspace in developer using "File>Import..." was not possible in 4.1.x

This feature was introduced with 5.x I believe.
So to import in 4.1, you do need "servoy.application_server.startRepositoryAsTeamProvider = true" in servoy.properties and checkout the solution previously imported using the server admin (a far fetched process, I agree).

Actually If I was pavelzver here, I would actually go straight from 3.x to 5.1.x, then he could import directly in developer, and other niceties ;-)
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
https://www.servoyforge.net
Velocity rules! If you don't use it, you don't know what you're missing!
ptalbot

Postby pavelzver » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:34 pm

Thank you very much, worked as described. :D
pavelzver

Return to How To