Runtime and Solution Object Model question

Find out how to get things done with Servoy. Post how YOU get things done with Servoy

Runtime and Solution Object Model question

Postby jdcunha » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:10 am

Hello all,

Have couple of questions on standalone (run-time) solutions
- Is it possible to have a standalone (run-time) solution connecting to its local database (run-time database) also connect to external vendor data sources?
- Can we have a run-time solution create a database server connection dynamically? Example a user wants to connect to a third party sql data source through the solution interface. I was looking in Solution Object model but did not see any methods to set database server connections.

Regards
James
jdcunha

Re: Runtime and Solution Object Model question

Postby lvostinar » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:19 pm

jdcunha wrote:Hello all,

Have couple of questions on standalone (run-time) solutions
- Is it possible to have a standalone (run-time) solution connecting to its local database (run-time database) also connect to external vendor data sources?
- Can we have a run-time solution create a database server connection dynamically? Example a user wants to connect to a third party sql data source through the solution interface. I was looking in Solution Object model but did not see any methods to set database server connections.

Regards
James

No, currently a runtime client can only connect to one server (a PostgreSQL one). However I think this could be implemented now (the one server restriction was due to Sybase) but would take some effort. So, if you need it you can open a case and explain what you want to achieve.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Return to How To