Connecting to an Access Database

Find out how to get things done with Servoy. Post how YOU get things done with Servoy

Connecting to an Access Database

Postby RonG » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi all,

I am running on Servoy 6.0.0. I recently tried using the instructions in this post....
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14184&p=74765&hilit=microsoft+access#p74765

to use a JDBC driver from HXTT to open an access database. At the point in the instructions where you save the new server, the save fails. So, I figured I just screwed up someplace and so I started over. This time, however, when I did the save, it told me that a server like this already existed, although it's not showing up in the database servers list. And, when I try to start Servoy, I now get this error....

An internal error occurred during: "Loading servers/tables needed by current solution".
com.hxtt.sql.du.a(ILjava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Properties;)Lcom/hxtt/concurrent/aa;

and then I can't get at the rest of the solution. Most things in the Solution Explorer are greyed out. In the Editor, for all of the components there, there is the message "Could not open the editor: Editor could not be initialized."

If I remove the hxtt driver from the drivers folder, Servoy then starts normally, and the server I added does show up in the list, but it as a little red "x" by it, probably because the driver it wants is missing.

So, I'm not sure what to do right now. Did I make a mistake following the instructions? Does the hxtt driver not work with Servoy 6? Is it actually telling me that it can't open the Access database I'm pointing to?

As always, any guidance would be appreciated.

Ron
Ron Gafron
Aspen Ridge Arts/WorkingArtist software
RonG

Re: Connecting to an Access Database

Postby rgansevles » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:14 am

Ron,

When you have multiple hxtt drivers in the drivers drirectory they have to be of the same build because they share classes.
See http://www.hxtt.com/support_view_issue. ... 1309180614

If you do not use DBF driver you can remove that one from the drivers dir.

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby RonG » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for that information. Moving the DBF driver out of the drivers folder seems to have done the trick.

Next question.....

Now I can successfully create a new database server and point to an MDB file. However, in Servoy developer, I can see all of the tables, and open them to see the column structure, but when I click on the "data" tab, for every table I've tried, I get the message...

"No detail information available for null"

Would you know if that message is coming from Servoy, and if so, what it's trying to tell me? If it's not coming from Servoy, I'll ask the folks over at HXTT what it means.

Thanks again for your help.

Ron
Ron Gafron
RonG

Postby RonG » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi again, Rob,

Just on a lark, I tried restarting Servoy, and now I can see the data. Don't know why that would make a difference, but it did, and the world is a happy place once again. :-)

Thanks again.

Ron
Ron Gafron
RonG

Return to How To