Set up Servoy Developer in multi-user Citrix environment?

Find out how to get things done with Servoy. Post how YOU get things done with Servoy

Set up Servoy Developer in multi-user Citrix environment?

Postby macwhiz » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:16 pm

I've been accessing Servoy Developer via Citrix. Due to our slow WAN connection, developing in a Citrix environment is far more responsive than using Developer over the same link.

As Developer looks at the servoy.properties file in its own directory, anytime a Citrix user changes the properties file, it changes for every user. As we frequently need to switch between back-end databases for testing purposes, this can cause problems.

It appears from the previous Citrix thead that Client can be configured to use different prefs for individual users (although the explanation of how to do it was Greek to me).

Can Developer be set up so that each user has his or her own preferences/properties file?
macwhiz

Postby IT2Be » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:46 pm

There are many pitfalls to using more than one developer pointing to the same database but it is possible to create more than one installation of the developer. Each of them running their own set of properties but pointing to the same database/repository. I do virtually the same but with more repositories, servers etc...
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Return to How To