MySQL Status Monitor module

Find out how to get things done with Servoy. Post how YOU get things done with Servoy

MySQL Status Monitor module

Postby ngervasi » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:25 pm

Investigating how the new DataGrid bean works I managed to create this simple solution to monitor a MySQL server, it simply uses some status queries to retrieve status information from the DB and display using the datagrid without the need of any underlying table.
You can download the solution from here: http://www.sintpro.com/downloads/MySQLStatusMonitor.servoy.zip
OpenSource and free, you can even use it as a module in your own apps.
Doesn't use any table so you can import it in your favourite Server Connection as long as it points to a MySQL Server.
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Postby Harry Catharell » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:19 pm

Hi Nicola,

I have downloaded this but not had time to go through it yet.

However, I must just say, 'thank you very much' for taking the time to put this demo together. Your time and effort is much appreciated.

OK, now gird your loins for the stupid questions which come back from me once I HAVE had time to look through it :lol:

Cheers
Harry
Harry Catharell

Postby ngervasi » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:27 pm

Harry Catharell wrote:Hi Nicola,

I have downloaded this but not had time to go through it yet.

However, I must just say, 'thank you very much' for taking the time to put this demo together. Your time and effort is much appreciated.

OK, now gird your loins for the stupid questions which come back from me once I HAVE had time to look through it :lol:

Cheers
Harry

Questions are welcome! :D
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Postby clintboss32 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:56 pm

This doesn't seem to work with Servoy 3.5b2... or is there a MySQL-related bean missing?
clintboss32

Postby ngervasi » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:57 pm

It's not working anymore.
Servoyans changed something during 3.1 development and now you can't load datasets from MySQL status functions. :cry:
Maybe the dev team can fix this?
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Postby clintboss32 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:17 pm

ok... thanks for following up so quickly!!!
clintboss32

Google releases patches that enhance the manageability and

Postby coulombre » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:09 pm

All,

Thought this would be of interest in this thread.

Rich

Google releases patches that enhance the manageability and reliability of MySQL
Monday, April 23, 2007

Posted by Mark Callaghan, Software Engineer

Though you may think of us as simply a company with a big search index, Google uses MySQL, the open source relational database, in some of the applications that we build that are not search related.

We think MySQL is a fantastic data storage solution, and as our projects push the requirements for the database in certain areas, we've made changes to enhance MySQL itself, mainly in the areas of high availability and manageability.

We would love for the some of these changes to be merged with the official MySQL release, but until then we felt strongly that anyone should have access to them, thus we have released the changes with a GPL license for the MySQL community to use and review.

What have we added and enhanced?

The high availability features include support for semi-synchronous replication, mirroring the binlog from a master to a slave, quickly promoting a slave to a master during failover, and keeping InnoDB and replication state on a slave consistent during crash recovery.

The manageability features include new SQL statements for monitoring resource usage by table and account. This includes the ability to count the number of rows fetched or changed per account or per table. It also includes the number of seconds of database time an account uses to execute SQL commands.

More details:

* SemiSyncReplication - block commit on a master until at least one slave acknowledges receipt of all replication events.
* MirroredBinlogs - maintain a copy of the master's binlog on a slave
* TransactionalReplication - make InnoDB and slave replication state consistent during crash recovery
* UserTableMonitoring - monitor and report database activity per account and table
* InnodbAsyncIo - support multiple background IO threads for InnoDB
* FastMasterPromotion - promote a slave to a master without restart

The current patches are for version 4 of MySQL, with version 5 support coming shortly.

We look forward to hearing from the large MySQL community.
coulombre

Postby clintboss32 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:11 pm

thanks!
clintboss32

Return to How To