TIP straight to your desktop from "Repository..."

Find out how to get things done with Servoy. Post how YOU get things done with Servoy

TIP straight to your desktop from "Repository..."

Postby kazar » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:26 am

I am sure somebody must have realized this time-saver already, so apologies if it has already been posted (I did search first before posting with no results)

This works at least on Mac using an alias, don't know if it the same annoying problem exists on Win or Linux nor, if it does, whether using directory shortcuts solve the problem in the same way on those platforms.

THE NAGGING LITTLE PROBLEM
Every time you go to export or import a solution in the Repository window, the current directory defaults to the "solutions" directory inside the Servoy application directory. This is true even if the Repository window is re-opened within the same session ... once again it defaults to "solutions". So until just now, I've been moving back up to the root directory of the box, then Users - ilyse - Desktop. "You know the drill."

TODAY'S BRIGHT LIGHT BULB
Created an alias of my Desktop folder and plunked it into the "solutions" directory. Now when I need to export a version I am a mere double-click away from my desktop (see screenshot). In the import solution dialog the "Desktop alias" item is grayed out, but it will still work when you double-click it.

That's at least 3 fewer grumbles per day!

kazar
Attachments
exportDirect2desktop.jpg
exportDirect2desktop.jpg (20.69 KiB) Viewed 3020 times
kazar

Postby Jan Aleman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:17 pm

On the mac you can also get the quaqua look and feel which will give you proper file selectors instead of the dodgy apple ones.

In the screenshot I use QuaQua14FileChooserLAF downloaded from http://www.randelshofer.ch/quaqua/download.html
Attachments
Picture 36.png
Picture 36.png (62.63 KiB) Viewed 3014 times
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby ROCLASI » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:48 pm

Verrrrry nice! :D
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby david » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:24 am

David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Return to How To