HOW TO: get assistance on the forum

Find out how to get things done with Servoy. Post how YOU get things done with Servoy

HOW TO: get assistance on the forum

Postby IT2Be » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:54 pm

I have searched for the right place to put this.
And should have been searching for the right person to say this as well since I am not sure I am that person but...

With the pace Servoy is developing right now it becomes more and more important to, when one posts a question, mention some additional data. Maybe it is an idea to do such in a signature.

The things I think should be posted as a minimum are:

Servoy version
Platform
Java version
Database (if applicable)

This would help a great deal. I love to assist/help people and I know I am not the only one but I find myself more and more in the position that I simply can not answer right away because this information is missing.

I hope you all don't hold it against me but I think this would be of help to everyone...
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby ngervasi » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:36 pm

I perfectly agree with you Marcel and I'd add another thing to this Forum "Netiquette": there are a lot of issues already discussed in the forum and finding posts is really easy, so, before posting a "simple call for help" everyone should take 5 minutes to search if the problem has already been covered; the servoy community is growing really quick and reading the forum is becoming really time consuming so we ALL should try to get the best out of it without pollute it with already answered questions.

Just my 2 cents.
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Return to How To