Launching Servoy Client

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Launching Servoy Client

Postby ellenmeserow » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:15 pm

My main client contact at my biggest client has a Servoy pet peeve. Users on our network, including him, are always launching Servoy smart client twice or three times because "nothing happens" the first time they double click the short cut, or single click the client launch web page. Because nothing changes IMMEDIATELY, they report Servoy as slower than FileMaker (which we are replacing). It's a perception issue. If only the mouse cursor could go to a wait hourglass immediately, or something. Anyone have any ideas -- I bet this is java launching and the Servoy team can't do much for me. I'm thinking about making them all launch from a website I design instead that immediately goes to a fake progress bar as soon as they click it?
ellen escarcega (formerly meserow)
meserow design
Servoy 2019 9
MSSQL 2017
Windows AWS Servers
ellenmeserow

Re: Launching Servoy Client

Postby jcompagner » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:04 pm

if you just click on the link then there is no servoy code running.
What is started up is the java webstart/java plugin

When i click on a jnlp link i get a java loading very quickly.

your customers should try to upgrade to Java 6u10 that has a enhanced java plugin with faster loading of stuff.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Discuss Feature Requests