Duplicating solutions while changing the database

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Duplicating solutions while changing the database

Postby Thunder » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:07 am

Dear Servoy

Unless its possible and I don't know about it, can you please re-implement the ability to duplicate and branch a Servoy solution. In Servoy 3.5, I would export a servoy solution, turn off the database associated with it, create a new database, and reimport your solution to the new database. Last time I tried this (in Servoy 4.0) it complained that it couldn't find the correct database and failed to import. In 3.5 it would complain about no database and offer another to import to (where you'd choose the one you just created for this purpose.).

This is very useful for branching solutions and using a generic solution as a framework for others.

The suggestion was to duplicate in 3.5 and then import the duplicate to 4. While this worked, it is obviously not going to work for any solution that was built originally in Servoy 4.x..

Thanks if you can do it..

Bevil
Thunder

Re: Duplicating solutions while changing the database

Postby lvostinar » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:22 am

In 4.0 when importing from admin page you need the servers from solution to be valid ( cannot change servers as in 3.5 developer import). There is a case to implement this functionality but currently its priority is not very high. However, in 4.2 , there will be an option to import from developer directly in workspace.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Return to Discuss Feature Requests