users and groups separate for several solutions!

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Re: users and groups separate for several solutions!

Postby ptalbot » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:37 pm

Thomas Parry wrote:I use Data-Mosaic's Framework for user and security (access to forms and records) and it is great. So maybe try it out for a test drive, the investment is worth it in terms of payback of time saved developing and testing (believe me I tested it a lot.) :roll:
Waiting expectantly for the 4.x version now...

Thanks Tom! I tried Data-Mosaic (and liked it a lot) and that was the one I was talking about, actually :)

Except that my company got cold hands when we had trouble with the performances in the beta, and even if it's fixed now, somehow I can't convince them to get back to it, in the meantime unfortunately I had to prove that we could do without...

Still it doesn't mean that for later projects we will not use it, and then if the 50$ offer is back, don't forget to send me an email this time, David ;-)
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
https://www.servoyforge.net
Velocity rules! If you don't use it, you don't know what you're missing!
ptalbot

Postby david » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:00 pm

ptalbot wrote:Except that my company got cold hands when we had trouble with the performances in the beta, and even if it's fixed now, somehow I can't convince them to get back to it, in the meantime unfortunately I had to prove that we could do without...

One of the main benefits of using our frameworks is that when issues/bugs are found, we knock our socks off and figure them out. Then everyone using frameworks benefits. In this example, the whole Servoy community benefited because it was style sheets not caching:

http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 29&p=62433

If you had not tested our frameworks, you could very well have hit the same speed issue on your own if you were insistent upon being cross-platform compatible.

Considering all the quirks involved with technology -- java having more than its fair share -- I would think our response would be a major selling point. We spent close to 30-man hours narrowing that one down. Your company might as well get cold feet about Servoy.
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby ptalbot » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:10 pm

david wrote:
ptalbot wrote:Except that my company got cold hands when we had trouble with the performances in the beta, and even if it's fixed now, somehow I can't convince them to get back to it, in the meantime unfortunately I had to prove that we could do without...

One of the main benefits of using our frameworks is that when issues/bugs are found, we knock our socks off and figure them out. Then everyone using frameworks benefits. In this example, the whole Servoy community benefited because it was style sheets not caching:

http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 29&p=62433

If you had not tested our frameworks, you could very well have hit the same speed issue on your own if you were insistent upon being cross-platform compatible.

Considering all the quirks involved with technology -- java having more than its fair share -- I would think our response would be a major selling point. We spent close to 30-man hours narrowing that one down. Your company might as well get cold feet about Servoy.

David,
I know full well the value of frameworks and the efforts you put in your work, no need to convince me of that.
Unfortunately, I'm not my manager: I'm not the one buying. I didn't have the final decision, that's all.
As to getting cold feet about Servoy, sometimes they do! - I don't.
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
https://www.servoyforge.net
Velocity rules! If you don't use it, you don't know what you're missing!
ptalbot

Previous

Return to Discuss Feature Requests