drag and drop

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

drag and drop

Postby Harjo » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:40 am

Is there any chance to build in, drag and drop in a way of items, like appointments etc..?
or is there any plugin, bean or something to achieve something like this.

see an example:
Harjo

Postby Jan Blok » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:22 am

Several months ago we discussed the outlines for drag and drop support in Servoy.
The idea is to create onDragStart (method type) property on fields (and maybe other elements) and create onDropComplete on fields elements.
In this senario you could set a global with some data on the start and retrieve the data when complete (and act accordingly)

Let us know your ideas/suggestions.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby IT2Be » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:19 am

Jan, I understand the first part of your suggestion. I don't understand thought where/why that global comes in.

Do you mean that it is not possible to drag/drop to/from a field with a table.field attached as dataprovider?
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby ahmad » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:31 am

Jan Blok wrote:The idea is to create onDragStart (method type) property on fields (and maybe other elements) and create onDropComplete on fields elements.
In this senario you could set a global with some data on the start and retrieve the data when complete (and act accordingly)

long awaited for this feature.. we also should be able to get the name of the dragged element (field or button) like getTriggeredElementName so that we can drop it on the right element based on the conditions

(for eg: if I dragged element A I want to drop it only on the element C not on B)
ahmad

Postby Jan Blok » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:31 am

Normally on drag and drop there is actually an object attached to the cursor and moved, since thats to complicated in Servoy and not needed,
you specify somewhere (for example in a global) about what the cursor is dragging and get this data yourselfs when dropped.
(the only disadvantige of this approach is that you can not start a drag in Servoy and drop outside Servoy)
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Jan Blok » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:34 am

ahmad wrote:.. we also should be able to get the name of the dragged element (field or button)

Well you can store the name of the element in a global (in what we propose) and get it out when dropped
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Harjo » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:49 pm

Jan if I understood you right,

visually drag and drop of an element (like you can in the upper example)on some kind of timeline, is not possible in Servoy?
Harjo

Postby Jan Blok » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:02 am

How whould you define such a timeline ? buttons?lablels? fields?
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Harjo » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:18 am

maybe a new element: timeline

where you can define, size of the timeline, size of portions, the starttime and endtime and the portions between the sections-lines: like: 0:15 or 0:30 or 1:00

and the possibility to connect them (by a relation) to a date?

I am just thinking :!:
Or maybe you have some other (splendid! 8) ) idea? :idea:
Harjo

Postby Karel Broer » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:59 pm

I noticed this post and was wondering if there was some news yet about being able to use drag and drop within Servoy :?:
Karel Broer
ServoyCamp - http://www.servoycamp.com
Karel Broer

Postby Jan Blok » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:23 pm

DnD is planned for Servoy 3.0 from which a first beta will be shown on Servoy world
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Karel Broer » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:27 pm

Jan Blok wrote:DnD is planned for Servoy 3.0 from which a first beta will be shown on Servoy world

That's great news, Jan! Thanks for the update!
Karel Broer
ServoyCamp - http://www.servoycamp.com
Karel Broer

Postby ebrandt » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:21 pm

I at one time was working within a development enviroment, where you could use flow charts to design work flow logic within a solution. My brother works for a company that was developing this java based model. They decided to focus their efforts on other markets using different tools though.

It would be an interesting addition to Servoy. http://www.invisiondev.com/
ebrandt

Postby Jan Blok » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:55 am

any deeplinks,screenshots?
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby ebrandt » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:46 pm

I believe I still have the content managemant, and workflow servers.There are a total of 5 servers and 2 repositories You will have to have visio and tomcat installed on your machine. Let me talk with him, and see if its ok to send you the development enviorment.
ebrandt

Next

Return to Discuss Feature Requests