Servoy Mobile Registration

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Servoy Mobile Registration

Postby david » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Can you switch http://www.servoy.com/mobile sign up app over to the new mobile technology it's supposed to be all about? It's ugly, it uses images for gradients and buttons, the markup is messy wicket output, the back and forward buttons allow for repeated signups, no auto-responder email goes out -- a 5th grader could have coded it.

It is not an app a major technology company releasing important mobile technology would possibly build. The same care that went into designing the webinar slides should be evident in the final product too! Embarrassing.

Screen shot 2012-11-13 at 11.25.07.png
Screen shot 2012-11-13 at 11.25.07.png (257.43 KiB) Viewed 6581 times

Screen shot 2012-11-16 at 1.13.20 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-11-16 at 1.13.20 PM.png (67.07 KiB) Viewed 6581 times
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Re: Servoy Mobile Registration

Postby Jan Aleman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:12 pm

I agree mobile looks nicer. However the current version does not do online. It will in the future but we're not there yet. And please be a bit kinder on the forum. I't just a temporary app that I actually built myself. Just like I built the slides too. Nicer demos are being worked on, some patience is appreciated.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby david » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:28 am

It's the programming equivalent of having obvious typos on every slide. If you try to make it look like an iPhone skin, do the simple things to get it to look right at least. Otherwise, use google docs.

We have 100's of hours in version 6.1 alone -- testing, filing bug reports, creating sample apps, etc. I'm allowed to get annoyed when you use version 3.5 technology badly. It doesn't reflect our efforts or what Servoy is able to do.
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:08 am

David, we have limited resources. We can spend them on helping you with the bugs you encounter, improving the product, building mobile and many other great things. Or on spending that same time on a fab. registration app that will be used for 8 days. In this thread you want us to do both. We can't. We have chosen to spend this time on working on a great mobile product and with the limited resources we have that means the registration app that soon will no longer exist was quickly hacked together.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby d.pearce » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 pm

For my part, Its all about the speed and quality of the application at this stage.

This project, is a game changing application adding huge depth to our servoy applications, in a simple and accessible way.

Yes the sign up page may not be the best, but it works (unlike the Windows Tablet, which crashed in the middle of its first outing, I saw on you tube).

In this quickly changing world, I vote for functionality before beauty. That is what my customers want, and this release of Servoy offers a massive leap forward, so I vote for the great work the team are doing, and personally can live with the fact that, within our fraternity, the sign up site is a little rough and ready.

David
d.pearce

Return to Discuss Feature Requests