FEATURE: Provide alignment in the right-click menu

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

FEATURE: Provide alignment in the right-click menu

Postby mattman » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:24 pm

With multiple form objects selected, please provide the alignment options to show in the right-click menu. Please do not put them in a sub-menu of the right click. You can choose to display the alignment options only if more than one object is selected.

Putting them in a sub-menu of the right-click menu would require more mouse travel - not good.
Matt Petrowsky
mattman

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:12 pm

You can do this today:

1) Select multiple objects;
2) In the property editor choose "RIGHT" for the alignment...

Seems like a lot of programming work for something that can be done easily already.

Just my opinion.

Bob Cusick
ClickWare

Postby mattman » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:28 pm

Anonymous wrote:1) Select multiple objects;
2) In the property editor choose "RIGHT" for the alignment...

With multiple objects selected the only properties I show are the following

transparent
displayTags
horizontalAlignment << (deals with text alignment not objects)
anchors
onAction
printSliding
background
foreground
size
font
margin
text
dataProvider
name
border

There are no options in the properties that I can see with regards to the alignment or distribution of multiple selected objects. Am I missing something?
Matt Petrowsky
mattman

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:18 pm

I think Bob was referring to the alligning inside the field. Good news for your feature request, in the next release candidate (due soon) you will discover a very interesting toolbar.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby mattman » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:21 pm

jaleman wrote:I think Bob was referring to the alligning inside the field. Good news for your feature request, in the next release candidate (due soon) you will discover a very interesting toolbar.

Very cool addition! I now have both my alignment and distribution actions.

However, I'm still going to press for placing these options in the right-click context menu. With objects selected, it makes doing layout design that much faster by reducing mouse travel time. :D You would select, select, select, right-click, align. Nice and fast.

One thing that strikes me as odd, is putting the Properties option in the right click menu. Context dictates that the menu displays options relevant to what is underneath or selected. It seems like most development efforts will keep the Properties area open and having it on the context menu is wasted space. Of course it can be fun to...

right-click show properties, right-click hide properties, right-click show properties, right-click hide properties, right-click show....

Dizzy yet? :lol:
Matt Petrowsky
mattman

Postby Jan Aleman » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:27 pm

To save even more mouse-traveling time: Ctrl-K will repeat the last allignment. We'll keep right-click allign on the wish list.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Return to Discuss Feature Requests