Session TimeOut for clients.

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Session TimeOut for clients.

Postby jimc » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:44 pm

Forgive me if this is somehow already possible, but i have a company who want their clients kicked out of the solution after they have been idle for 15 min.
Any information appreciated.
jimc

Postby Jan Blok » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:59 pm

Not directly supported by Servoy, but currently you could make something similar yourselfs with scheduler plugin and updating a global with latest time in a frequent action(s)
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Timeout for web sessions

Postby Homer » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:40 pm

How can I configure the timeout for sessions used by WebClients?

It is possible to manually change the quantity of minutes before an idle Web user will be disconnected?

If so, is it possible to set this Web session timeout on a per file basis? I mean a Servoy solution with lets say, a timeout of 10 minutes and another solution which is hosted on the same server with a timeout of 120 minutes.

Edit: By the way, I don't have server yet. I'm using Developer... But my questions are the same.

Many thanks in advance !
Last edited by Homer on Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homer

Postby Jan Blok » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:01 pm

you can find this setting in:
your-servoy-install-dir/server/conf/web.xml
Code: Select all
<!-- Default Session Configuration ================= -->
<!-- You can set the default session timeout (in minutes) for all newly   -->
<!-- created sessions by modifying the value below.                       -->

<session-config>
    <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
</session-config>

The sessions are real web sessions as found in all major webservers and are all configured the same via this setting.
If you close a webclient with application.exit() the webserver session also is cleared.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Homer » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:25 pm

Thank you very much Jan for this quick and effective answer. :D

I understand this is a server setup so every hosted solutions will have the same timeout value. Do you think it will be possible in an upcoming version of Servoy to have a different timeout for different hosted solutions ?

I'm new in the Servoy's world so please, excuse me if this question has already been asked... It is a good idea to run many instance of Servoy on a single computer?

I'm evaluating right now and if this is not a problem, maybe I can setup a first instance on port 8080 with a small timeout and have the other instance of Servoy hosting on port 8081 with a longer timeout. Is is a good idea??
Homer

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:48 pm

Homer wrote:I understand this is a server setup so every hosted solutions will have the same timeout value. Do you think it will be possible in an upcoming version of Servoy to have a different timeout for different hosted solutions ?

Not in the near future.

Homer wrote:I'm new in the Servoy's world so please, excuse me if this question has already been asked... It is a good idea to run many instance of Servoy on a single computer?

Well it's possible, but datanotifies only works per instance of a Servoy server

Homer wrote:I'm evaluating right now and if this is not a problem, maybe I can setup a first instance on port 8080 with a small timeout and have the other instance of Servoy hosting on port 8081 with a longer timeout. Is is a good idea??

It's might possible this way, not sure if this is a good idea.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby Homer » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:14 pm

Thank you again Jan. I truly appreciate your services.
Homer

Return to Discuss Feature Requests