Rotating Images

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Rotating Images

Postby idoctor » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:15 am

I use Servoy to store and retrieve JPG images. Sometimes the camera is turned to the side when the photo is taken. It would be really nice if the new image plugin had functionality to rotate images. If I was wishing I would wish for 90 180 270 degrees of rotation as well as flipping an image about the vertical and horizontal axis. I would use this in my solution immediatly and it would take care of a common complaint of my users.

Thanks

John McCann
idoctor

Postby bcusick » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:37 pm

Hi John,

Don't know if it's possible - but maybe the OLE bean?

http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=5164&start=0
Bob Cusick
bcusick

Postby cybersack » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:21 am

Hi John.

How would you like to control the rotation ?
I could implement this reasonably soon if your control requirement isn't too complex ?
cybersack

Postby idoctor » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:45 am

All I need is to be able to write a method that performs the calculation to rotate the image. The input would be a blob plus instructions on how to rotate the blob. The output would be the rotated blob.

JDM
idoctor

Postby fdoddridge » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:19 am

I'm sure you've probably found a solution for this already, but I've been on a little graphics kick recently and decided to put together a quick plugin that does some neat things with images. It may or may not fit your need, but does do image flipping/rotating by degrees, etc.

Have fun!

Fred
Attachments
imagefx.jar
Just drop in $SERVOY/plugins and BEHOLD THE POWER!!! :)
(12.9 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
fdoddridge

Postby idoctor » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:16 pm

Fred,

The Servovians beat you to it. Servoy already includes a plugin with this functionality. We use it in our product and it works well.

John Mccann
idoctor

Postby fdoddridge » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:24 am

That's cool. I was sure someone had done it already. I've been doing some fun things with graphics in other applications I'm writing and thought it would be cool to have something for Servoy that does things like image reflection, reflective gradients, and grayscale conversion, etc... There are a lot of other effects I need to put into it as well.

It's probably not very useful for most applications, but I figure what the hell... it's not like there isn't a lot of other useless crap out there anyway :)
fdoddridge

Return to Discuss Feature Requests