Release selection in Developer at logon

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Release selection in Develloper at logon

Postby pbakker » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:31 pm

Hi,

I was wondering: In develloper wouldn't it be handy that when you you have the list of solutions when your opening a solution, you can select which release you want to open?

Paul
pbakker

Postby Jan Blok » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:51 pm

This can be done in the repository dialog, do note that only the last release can be editted.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby automazione » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:10 pm

Hi

I agree with "pbakker", it would be really nice that when you open in developer a solution that has more than one release a pop up asked for what release to open..... or.. maybe a little dangerous but... simply open the newer one (since it is also the only editable).

thanks
Enrico Arata
Servoy Italia
automazione

Postby bobcart » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:03 pm

How about a feature so you can edit prior releases?
bobcart

Postby automazione » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:23 pm

Sorry Bob but.. quite dangerous and confusing if Servoy allows to modify more than one release.
Enrico Arata
Servoy Italia
automazione

Postby bobcart » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:37 pm

automazione wrote:Sorry Bob but.. quite dangerous and confusing if Servoy allows to modify more than one release.

Agreed that a release is a release and by definition needs to be locked. I apologize for my ignorance with Servoy sso disregard if I'm off base. What I'm referring to here is like a "branch" in a source code control system like CVS or RCS. The idea is that you can continue to make releases in one branch of a "solution", i.e. 1.1, 1.2, etc. while also developing additional branches of the same solution and making releases there like 2.0, 2.1, etc. You can also share code so when you fix a bug in the "1" branch, you can also patch the same code in the "2" branch with little effort making maintenance easier. It's still the same "solution" just different major versions. Anyway, this is complicated stuff and probably not useful for everyone all the time so I'd put it down the priority list in the "nice to have" category.
bobcart

Return to Discuss Feature Requests