Remember window-sizes after opening solution

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Remember window-sizes after opening solution

Postby Willem » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:55 pm

As the window-sizes are reset to their defaults after opening a solution, I have to resize the windows for the tools for optimal screen-usage.
Therefore I request to save the sizes as a property of the corresponding window.
Willem

Postby IT2Be » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:57 pm

Nice idea but only when we can check/uncheck this option. I wouldn't want the window to resize al the time because the user decided, somewhere, he/she needed more realestate just once...
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby pbakker » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:01 pm

Just code it yourself: onSolutionStart/onSolutionClode methods retrieving and setting the size.

Use get/setUserProperty to store/retrieve the settings.

Paul
pbakker

Postby Willem » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:27 pm

Thanks for the tips !
In the mean time, I've found out, that Servoy acutally does remember the positions.
But, as I have several instances of Servoy open (for several modules), every time I quit an instance of Servoy, the window-positions of that instance are saved in the Servoy-preferences.
Now, when I want to set the positions, I make sure to only have one instance open and that works fine
But thanks, anyway !
Willem Schouten
Ayton B.V.
Willem

Return to Discuss Feature Requests