Hide valuelist dropdowns when valuelist is empty

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Hide valuelist dropdowns when valuelist is empty

Postby amason » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:44 am

Hi,
In my solution, I display a list of item specs in a nested form. Depending on the kind of spec, it may have values in its drop down list. You can see an example of a spec with a drop down in the second picture.

The problem is, a lot of my specs don't have values in the attached valuelist, like the one in the first picture, and it still displays a blank drop down, which confuses the users.

I'd love a way to repress the drop down if the value list is empty.

Thanks,

Andrew
Attachments
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png (47.31 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (60.79 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
amason

Postby jcompagner » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:34 am

i think i can fix this by not showing the popup when it is completely empty.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby jcompagner » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:30 pm

Ok just tested it and looked at the code. And already don't show the popup when it is empty. But the popup is not really empty you have "allow empty" selected. So currently you see the empty selection...

I guess i can filter that one out of the list and assume that if allow empty == true and the list size == 1 that the list is still "empty"
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby amason » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:34 am

Hi Johan,

You are correct that I did have "Allow empty value" checked on the valuelist, but I unchecked it and there doesn't seem to be any difference in the behavior. This is a custom valuelist, not a related one. Could that explain the difference in our experiences?
amason

Postby jcompagner » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:13 am

i have no idea why you still see something. But if the list is really empty we dont show the popup list. I made it now also that he also will ignore the empty one if there is really only 1 entry (and that is the empty one)

If you make a customvalue list you deselect allow empty, don't do anything with it just attach it. Then you still see the list popup? That would be strange because that piece of code is already in (don't know how long exactly)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Discuss Feature Requests