Servoy Developer: "Go to Method"

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Servoy Developer: "Go to Method"

Postby Homer » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:56 am

I think it would be very interesting to be able to jump from the designer to a related method...

Let say, in designer, I assigned a method to an object for the OnDataChange event, then a small icon near by the OnChangeEvent would be able (if clicked) to bring directly the developer to this method in the Editor module.

If this is simpler to implement, I think this "Go to method" button can be placed in the Property editor!?

Many other RAD get this common feature and I guess Servoy will benefit from this small improvement.
Thanks!!
Homer

Postby IT2Be » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:28 am

Simply try <ctrl><mouseclick> (pc) or <apple><mouseclick> (mac when fixed) and you have your go-to when selecting the event in the properties bar:)

Great RAD tool SERVOY...
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby Homer » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:47 pm

Thank you very much Mr. Trapman. I just learn this trick since I am a beginner in Servoy.
But I think a small GotoMethod icon somewhere on the interface would be nice!?
Homer

Postby david » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:46 pm

mac currently (jan posted at some point): highlight method in properties, <control><apple> + click on method name. i'm thinking you'd have to be drunk to randomly stumble on this combination.
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Return to Discuss Feature Requests