PDA development

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

PDA development

Postby BillB » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:46 am

I just tried to access my server with my Palm Treo 680 using the Blazer browser. I was able to load the home page as well as the example files and my solution. This is great, we are unable to do that with Filemaker. It would seem more and more people will want to allow PDA access in the future. I think there should probably be another forum topic setup for PDA development. In the meantime, searching these forums for PDA stuff hasn't located much. If there is guidance in the docs, can someone tell me where I might find help? If not, has anyone developed good PDA apps who could offer assistance? My app doesn't present very well with the web client. I haven't been able to try the smart client because it wants to store the java on a card and I don't have one tonight.

Bill Belanger
BillB

Re: PDA development

Postby Westy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:20 pm

BillB wrote:My app doesn't present very well with the web client.
Bill Belanger

What was the problem with the web client? We have a PDA solution using the Headless client that can be seen at:

http://66.105.190.194/choices/login.jsp?

However, it seems like it should be relatively easy to do a similar solution with the web client.
Last edited by Westy on Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westy

Postby Harjo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:22 pm

Hi Bill, the smart client will NOT work on a PDA
because the smart-client needs java JRE. on most phones or pda's you can download J2ME but the client does not run on that.

We are in the progress of building a PDA (web) solution for our CRM solution. When the time is there, I will post some screenshots.
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby BillB » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:20 pm

Fantastic Karjo, I'll be watching for that.

Bill Belanger
BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:33 pm

Nice job Westy on the PDA app. The headless client is different than the web client isn't it? It seemed when I looked that up it took a bunch of javascript to create.

My form has the navigation element on the side and when it appears in the pda it's on top. Then there's this oval character that I don't understand. I'm going to try buttons today. A simple contacts database from a PDA would be great for my fire departments when a building is burning. I suppose each PDA client requires another client license, right?

Bill Belanger
BillB

Postby Jan Aleman » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:31 pm

If the pda is Windows based and your server too you can use the TS client on the pda to launch a smart client. Works very well.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Return to Discuss Feature Requests