Export function

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Export function

Postby netweaver » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi all
As i have a lot of extra fiels in my database tables which are not yet used in a foem, i would like to avoid the user seeing these in the field selection dialog for the export.
If their isn't a way to do this, could there be an option to export the contents of the form? That way the user can just choose what file to export it to.
The problem is that the user would have to select the correct releationsships to get the reference values for the key fields in a table.
This is way to complicated for an end user!

I have not yet figured out how to create my own export function, but also want the standard export function to be more user friendly, or at least hide this option if i can program the download myself.

Thanks
Marcus
netweaver

Postby patrick » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:10 pm

There are some easy ways to program your own export:

1. Create a simple text file using the file plugin containing your data
2. Use commercial plugins to ease the creation of those text files (for example the data plugin from it2be)

Search the forum and you will find lots of threads discussion and sharing techniques regarding export.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby patrick » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:11 pm

I forgot to mention: if you think about exporting in XML format, you can also use our XML plugin.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Return to Discuss Feature Requests