Function Arguments Displayed in Editor

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Function Arguments Displayed in Editor

Postby gdotzlaw » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:42 pm

This feature request comes as a result of my VB experience.

If I build a method in Servoy that will act as a function (pass it a number of arguments, it does something with that, and returns a result), why is it that when I call this function from another method, the editor can not show what arguments are required for that function?

For example, when I type
globals.SQL_BuildQueryString()

I have to navigate to my SQL_BuildQueryString method to read my comments about what arguments to pass, what type, and in what order.

In other editors, like VB, if you define a method/function that accepts required or optional arguments, it displays that for you in the editor so you know what to pass (displayed like a tooltip) without having to go look at the function.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it would seem to me that since the Servoy editor uses the keyword "argument[]", the editor should be capable of displaying them when you call the method.
Gary
---------------------------------------------
Dotzlaw Consulting
gdotzlaw

Postby pbakker » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:59 am

Hi Gary,

Please file a feature request in the Servoy Support System: http://crm.servoy.com/servoy-webclient/solutions/solution/servoy_support

As for the feature request: i'm sure you also saw my comment on the other post you did regarding this subject.

Paul
Last edited by pbakker on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
pbakker

Postby Dexadrine » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:56 am

I think what would be nice is some way of 'notating' a script.

Something like having a seperate notes field when editing a script, the contents of which would appear in a tool tip when mousing over the script in the editors list.
Paul
Edgeward Digital Design & Development
Servoy Developer - London
Dexadrine

Return to Discuss Feature Requests