True Version Control for Servoy

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

True Version Control for Servoy

Postby jbader » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:53 pm

The Servoy Developer product is a great product with many features that make developing Servoy quick and easy. But sometimes, I would really like the option to develop my solution outside of Servoy Developer, and place my form/global methods, and calcs under true version control.

I have heard that a VCS may be available in Servoy 4, but would that VCS support all the usual VCS features, and could methods and calcs be edited using my favorite local editor I am unsure?

Is there any development track for allowing developers to develop Servoy outside of the Servoy Developer tool?
jbader

Postby rgansevles » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:21 pm

Solutions in servoy 4 will be stored in plain-text files to support your favorite version control system with all the features that comes with it.
It will also be possible to stay repository-based.

The files will be designed to work with the new developer, but you can edit them with a text-editor as well.

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

"Solutions"

Postby jbader » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:24 pm

Hello and thanks for the reply. By "Solutions" do you mean form and global methods, and calculations? Is the 4.0 feature list/roadmap published anywhere?
jbader

Postby ars » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:07 am

About the VCS features, you can look through the below thread.

http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=8756

Hope it helps. :)
Arup Sahoo

Servoy Developer and Consultant

Find me @ arup.sahooATgmail.com
Skype me @ arup.sahoo
GTalk me @ arup.sahoo
ars

Servoy VCS requires Multideveloper license in 4?

Postby jbader » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:41 pm

From that thread it sounds like version control fx's will be supported through the multideveloper framework, which last time I checked is 5K with 2K or so recurring fees! Will Servoy VCS require a multideveloper license in 4 to support version control features?

Anyone know...?
jbader

Return to Discuss Feature Requests