apache derby

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

apache derby

Postby netweaver » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:38 pm

Would it now be cool to have a local and remote system kept in synch automatially?
The Derby database is used for this, and it seems that it would be a logical step for servoy to cache solution data locally, then when a client goes offline they can continue to create transactions, which will be synchronised the next time they go online? That obviously means that the solution repository itself also needs to be cached locally so that it can run offline.

This would be a fantastic feature!!
Marcus Raath
Johannesburg South Africa
Servoy 3.5 & Sybase 10
netweaver

Postby patrick » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:40 pm

This is nothing for Servoy, really, but the database. All major database vendors offer replication for that purpose. Sybase claims to be an expert with Mobilink in this area...
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby netweaver » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi Patrick
What i am suggestin is for Servoy to embed Derby and offer synchronisation of the repository and other databases so solutions can work offline, and synchronise when online.
Setting up mobilink is seems to technical, and not user friendly.

Synching with your xml pluin looks like a good option in the interim :-)
Thanks

patrick wrote:This is nothing for Servoy, really, but the database. All major database vendors offer replication for that purpose. Sybase claims to be an expert with Mobilink in this area...
Marcus Raath
Johannesburg South Africa
Servoy 3.5 & Sybase 10
netweaver

Postby pbakker » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:01 pm

Syncing your database is always you as a developer should control.

Just think of a database with tens of Gigs of data.... I wouldn't be happy as a user to take the entire database with me offline... Think of how long it might take to sync when I'd be back online.....

Paul
pbakker

Return to Discuss Feature Requests