Enhancement Request: Numeric Length/Precision Reporting

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

Enhancement Request: Numeric Length/Precision Reporting

Postby Michael Mooney » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:53 am

3.5 final: Data Provider screens and Field Selector mouseover presently reports the length of a Numeric as equal to the precision. For example, a numeric 9,6 in the database gets reported as Length 6, and numeric 10,4 gets reported as Length 4.

It would be helpful to have this presented with the field length as well as the precision (if applicable). Useful for field sizing and format string setup during form design.

Not a big deal ... everything works fine. It just saves a trip back to the data dictionary reports, db schema mgr, etc.

When you have time post 3.5.1.

Thanks, Michael
Michael Mooney

Postby martinh » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:47 am

Agree, but please go 1 step further concerning this point.

You should enter the precision 10,4 within Servoy datadictionary and this 10,4 should be entered in the database as numeric(10,4). Now all number fields are added to the database as floats, which is not really a type I would like to see in my database (for administrative applications, I never use float datatypes). Maybe enter a new type FLOAT in Servoy, so you'll have INTEGER, NUMBER and FLOAT.
Martin
------------------------------------------------
Servoy Developer
Version 5.2.10/5.2.13
Java version 1.6 update 31
Database SQL Server 2008 R2
martinh

Return to Discuss Feature Requests