assign license codes to specific users in a multi tenant

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

assign license codes to specific users in a multi tenant

Postby netweaver » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:17 am

I have a multitenant solution, where my customers buy their own licenses.
However there is not easy way to assign a license to the user or users that own that license. I have to compare the company name in the license with a matching company name i have added to a custom table of the users created on the system.
It would be better if we could releate the custom table to the license entries table.

Thanks
Marcus Raath
Johannesburg South Africa
Servoy 3.5 & Sybase 10
netweaver

Postby IT2Be » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:20 am

Hi Marcus,

If you want this to make it into a real request you have to add it to the Servoy Support System.
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby ROCLASI » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:10 am

Hi Marcus.

You could do this right now already with some effort.
Just store on the organisation (login) table the amount of clients one is allowed to use (i.e. their bought licenses).
Now when someone logs in they need to supply their organisationname as well as their username and password.
After a successfull login you set a unique organisation identifier in the client via application.addClientInfo(uniqueOrgValue).
Then check if they exceed the client count via application.getClientCountForInfo(uniqueOrgValue).

This last function was requested (pre 2.2.x) by developers just for this purpose.

Hope this helps.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby netweaver » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:19 am

Hi Robert
I presume you mean that i create an additional login field and license count field on my custom login form, then register tthe company name with each successfull login against the clients session. Each time i check to see if the users have exceeded the custom field for the number of licenses allowed.
Thanks

ROCLASI wrote:Hi Marcus.

You could do this right now already with some effort.
Just store on the organisation (login) table the amount of clients one is allowed to use (i.e. their bought licenses).
Now when someone logs in they need to supply their organisationname as well as their username and password.
After a successfull login you set a unique organisation identifier in the client via application.addClientInfo(uniqueOrgValue).
Then check if they exceed the client count via application.getClientCountForInfo(uniqueOrgValue).

This last function was requested (pre 2.2.x) by developers just for this purpose.

Hope this helps.
Marcus Raath
Servoy 3.5 & Sybase 10
netweaver

Postby ROCLASI » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:24 am

netweaver wrote:Hi Robert
I presume you mean that i create an additional login field and license count field on my custom login form, then register tthe company name with each successfull login against the clients session. Each time i check to see if the users have exceeded the custom field for the number of licenses allowed.
Thanks

I am not sure if you mean that the users put all that in or that you, as an admin, store the license count info in a table.
But yes you need all that and let it act like you described.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby netweaver » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:30 am

Hi
Yes, i did mean that i set the company name and license count up, then validate a login against this info.
Thanks that helps a lot.

ROCLASI wrote:
netweaver wrote:Hi Robert
Thanks

I am not sure if you mean that the users put all that in or that you, as an admin, store the license count info in a table.
But yes you need all that and let it act like you described.
Marcus Raath
Servoy 3.5 & Sybase 10
netweaver

Return to Discuss Feature Requests