default size for labels, fields, buttons, ...

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

default size for labels, fields, buttons, ...

Postby maservoy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:31 pm

Hello,
I think that it would be very useful to be able to define the default size for elements such as labels, fields or buttons, for example; alongside, the size of the pixels between elements when some of them are placed at the same time on a form...

We would save time in placing elements on forms.
Thank you very much...
maservoy

Postby martinh » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:00 am

I agree. Some while ago I posted already a feature request (99073)
Martin
------------------------------------------------
Servoy Developer
Version 5.2.10/5.2.13
Java version 1.6 update 31
Database SQL Server 2008 R2
martinh

Postby rgansevles » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:32 am

Will try to include that in the eclipse-based version of the designer.

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby birgit » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:40 pm

I did something which is really not recommended and must be handled very carefully. But it avoids the annoying setting of the same property values over and over again.

If you execute the following query in the repository, you get the default size settings for fields (object_type_id = 4).

select * from servoy_content_spec
where object_type_id = 4
and property_name = 'size'

The 'default_textual_classvalue' can not only be read, it can also be set. 8)

On your own risk.
Regards
Birgit Rieder
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
birgit

Postby Robert Huber » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:24 am

Hello Rob

Did you guys already look at Matisse, the NetBeans Forms editor? I don't know if it's possible to integrate this editor, but that would be really great as it shows (my personal opinion only, of course .-) how a forms editor could/should look like today, i.e. what functionality is possible to achieve.

There are also movies on the web which show the behaviour like alignment of fields to other fields or to a raster (GUI rules of the according OS), the insertion of fields between other fields and the automatic realignment of all other fields, etc.

If one sees that, "lauft einem das Wasser im Munde zusammen" may be someone can translate that into english (as i am not capable of doing it :-(

Best regards, Robert

rgansevles wrote:Will try to include that in the eclipse-based version of the designer.

Rob
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Postby ROCLASI » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:37 pm

Robert Huber wrote:If one sees that, "lauft einem das Wasser im Munde zusammen" may be someone can translate that into english (as i am not capable of doing it :-(

Translation: You will be drooling!
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby Robert Huber » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:16 pm

:-)

ROCLASI wrote:
Robert Huber wrote:If one sees that, "lauft einem das Wasser im Munde zusammen" may be someone can translate that into english (as i am not capable of doing it :-(

Translation: You will be drooling!
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Postby Tom Parry » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:23 pm

I think the Matisse idea is great. I have been using it in Eclipse for Java projects for a few years now and it is great (as long as you do not hand it the generated code!).

It would certainly be nice to know what the plans are for Eclipse features for Servoy.
Prospect IT Consulting Inc
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Tom Parry

Postby Jan Aleman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 am

Robert Huber wrote:Hello Rob

Did you guys already look at Matisse, the NetBeans Forms editor? I don't know if it's possible to integrate this editor, but that would be really great as it shows (my personal opinion only, of course .-) how a forms editor could/should look like today, i.e. what functionality is possible to achieve.

There are also movies on the web which show the behaviour like alignment of fields to other fields or to a raster (GUI rules of the according OS), the insertion of fields between other fields and the automatic realignment of all other fields, etc.

If one sees that, "lauft einem das Wasser im Munde zusammen" may be someone can translate that into english (as i am not capable of doing it :-(

Best regards, Robert

rgansevles wrote:Will try to include that in the eclipse-based version of the designer.

Rob

Matisse has been on our radar for quite a while. Our primary focus is now to get on Ecilpse and we're getting there, after that getting even more advanced UI editors will be on our priority list.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby Robert Huber » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:20 am

Hello Jan

This is really good news to hear that you already noticed such good forms editor implementations as Matisse :-)

Also nice to hear you make (a lot of .-) progress in porting Servoy to Eclipse.

Best regards, Robert
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Return to Discuss Feature Requests