No found search results

Discuss all feature requests you have for a new Servoy versions here. Make sure to be clear about what you want, provide an example and indicate how important the feature is for you

No found search results

Postby elyod_72 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:37 pm

This may be a silly request, but I have a user that this absolutely bugs. So, it never hurts to ask...

If you do a search in a layout that did not find any search results, the little dialog box comes up saying that it did not find anything and do you want to modify your search and try again.
The "yes" button is highlighted by default. But if a user hits the enter button instead of clicking the "yes" button, it tries to re-run the old query. This will obviously get the user the same result as last time. Thereby the dialog box keeps popping up as many times as the user hits the enter button.

Is it possible to link the enter key to the yes button. That way when the no found search results dialog box pops up, hitting the enter key, will be the same as clicking the "yes" button.

Does that make sense?
- Jim Tittle

Servoy Developer Version 3.5.5
Java version 1.6.0_03-b05 (Windows XP)
Java version 1.5.0_13-121 (Mac OS X)
Java version 1.5.0_06-b05(Linux)
elyod_72

Postby Michael Mooney » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:57 pm

I found this a little odd as well (ie - being forced to click on the Yes button). I gave up and used the mouse. However, from a UI perspective, I "automatically" gravitated towards the Enter key. I support the idea of either a link to the "Yes" or a change in this functionality.

Sorry - I don't have a solution tho'

Michael
Michael Mooney

Re: No found search results

Postby Riccardino » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:28 pm

elyod_72 wrote:This may be a silly request, but I have a user that this absolutely bugs. So, it never hurts to ask...

If you're experiencing it under Mac OS X, I'm afraid it's a very old bug of Apple JVM...
ciao, ric
Riccardino

Postby Michael Mooney » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:37 pm

Ric,

If you're experiencing it under Mac OS X, I'm afraid it's a very old bug of Apple JVM...

And Windows XP SP2 with Java 1.5 here ...

Michael
Michael Mooney

Postby elyod_72 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:29 pm

Actually, the user that has reported the issue to me is on a mac.
I will take a look at my PC users and see if it is the same forthem.

I assume there is no word about a fix from apple?
- Jim Tittle

Servoy Developer Version 3.5.5
Java version 1.6.0_03-b05 (Windows XP)
Java version 1.5.0_13-121 (Mac OS X)
Java version 1.5.0_06-b05(Linux)
elyod_72

Return to Discuss Feature Requests