Just back from Las Vegas

Share business templates, ideas, experiences, etc with fellow Servoy developers here

Just back from Las Vegas

Postby BDuncan » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:40 am

I went to Las Vegas to do a final check up at the resort - since ServoyWorld 2008 is only about 3 weeks away now!

If you haven't registered yet, I urge you to do so now! This is going to be a GREAT Servoy event - with loads of interesting speakers, other Servoy developers and honestly - this resort is just fabulous. The waterfall pool is to die for. The spa -- breathtaking. The rooms are HUGE and beautiful!

go to www.servoy.com/servoyworld.

I am working late tonight to get the finalized session schedule posted on the site. You should be able to see it under the "sessions" tab soon...

As for Vegas itself -- well, I gotta tell you, I just LOVE the desert. The sky is SO HUGE -- and there were TOWERING thunderheads over the mountains that crackled out HUGE lightening -- but little rain.

I went to the MASSIVE lake Mead (created behind the LARGE Hoover Dam) one day with a group of family and friends - to go boating and jet skiing - and we saw HUGE carp and striped bass. A magnificent BIG horned sheep come down to the waters edge to drink near sun down -- it was an AMAZING site. It was as hot as Hades (literally over 120 degrees F.) Nothing about the desert is done in restraint.

If you have not had the chance to visit the American Southwest - Vegas - or the Mojave Desert -- this is your chance. The city is FUN, HUGE (literally 50 miles across this massive valley). The strip is DAZZLING at night.

Its a fitting city for ServoyWorld! Our software is GREAT. The people who use it are AMAZING. We are going to have FUN! And learn a lot.

I do hope you can join us!! I can't wait to see you all soon.
BDuncan

Return to Sharing Central