My first customer

Share business templates, ideas, experiences, etc with fellow Servoy developers here

My first customer

Postby IT2Be » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:31 pm

Just wanted to share with you the good news that last monday my most important customer, a well known digital printing company in Holland, confirmed that they are convinced that Servoy would be the logical platform to let their business grow.

They now have my (complete) FM solution (offer, ordermanagement, calculation, invoice etc.) and need growth. I could convince them that their investment in FM server would make less sence than investing in Servoy...

Arguments I used were (amongst others):

- several DB platforms
- concurrent clients
- easy deployment
- much more new functions possible

Their arguments were (amongst others):

- new functions
- look and feel

I am very happy with their decision!!!

So, if you see (too) many questions and mails at whatever impossible time of the day you know why!

Ciao...
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby Harjo » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:45 pm

Good luck!
Let me now if you need help.
Harjo

Congratulations and Thank You

Postby Tony_Adrian » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:56 pm

Marcel,

Congratulations on having such an intelligent customer and your hard work.

I also want to thank you, David, HJK, Matt, Chandra and everyone else for your postings. They are invaluable.
Tony Adrian RN

Nursing Data Inc.
A Medicare Approved Software Billing Vendor
Database/Document Management for the Health Care Industry
Servoy, Sybase, Lotus Domino/Notes
Tel: (337) 394-8548
Fax: (337) 394-8504
sales@NursingData.com
Tony_Adrian

Postby IT2Be » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:20 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks... What a community.

This is going to be fun :lol:
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby arumalla » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:11 pm

Congrats IT2BE,

Yes, this community will always ready to help each other at anytime. Immediate and sharp to the point clarifications are the speciality.

Thanks for all this effort from Aleman, Maarten, Compagner, Jan Blok, not to mention all their hard working team.

Also thanks to senior developers (HJK, Tony_Adrian, David, and the list goes on) in this community, As i am learning a lot of things from their questions.

~ Chandra
arumalla

Re: My first customer

Postby mattman » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:26 pm

IT2BE wrote:Just wanted to share with you the good news that last monday my most important customer, a well known digital printing company in Holland, confirmed that they are convinced that Servoy would be the logical platform to let their business grow.

Excellent! I'm sure ongoing success stories will be a great motivation for the development team - they love hearing these things I'm sure.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming market growth as acceptance increases and the need for cool solutions comes about. :wink:
Matt Petrowsky
mattman

Postby dlundgren » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:39 pm

Congratulations! I think would be very interesting to hear about new - paid - projects being done in Servoy. We're still slogging up the learning hill with our inhouse helpdesk application in Servoy, which has replaced our Filemaker HelpDesk.

Let me put in a plug here for the new Developer manual. It's very well done, as is the Application Server manual. Invaluable resources, as is Matt with his QuickTime stuff!

Dave
dlundgren

Re: My first customer

Postby Riccardino » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:01 pm

IT2BE wrote:Just wanted to share with you the good news that last monday my most important customer, a well known digital printing company in Holland, confirmed that they are convinced that Servoy would be the logical platform to let their business grow.

Congratulations :D

This great dev team is really giving us a very powerful tool: convincing people to use Servoy is getting easier every day.

BTW: Last week I receive my first Servoy confirmation order and I'm very excited... :lol:
Riccardino

Postby automazione » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:52 am

Looking at a plotter driven by MY Fortran program while it draws the expected graph was quite an exciting experience, that was in 1983!!. Now Servoy is giving me similar feelings.

I loved Fortran in 1981...1989, loved Clipper in 1987..1994, loved nothing in 1995..2003. Now I LOVE SERVOY :!:
Enrico Arata
Servoy Italia
automazione

Postby IT2Be » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:59 pm

I feel the same, it is a thrill to work with Servoy and I love every minute of it.

Even reporting a bug is fun with the responsiveness of the developers :wink:

Yesterday I could demo some of the features/enhancements I promised my customer and they were impressed with it. They are even more enthousiastic then when they gave me the order.

Oh man this is FUN...
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Return to Sharing Central