New Servoy Community Project - ResQLink

Share business templates, ideas, experiences, etc with fellow Servoy developers here

New Servoy Community Project - ResQLink

Postby LOGIsoft » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:38 pm

Hello everyone,

Following on the heels of ServoyWorld 2006, I've decided to bring to life something I was thinking about for quite a while: ResQLink, a free Servoy service/application to allow displaced people to locate each other in case of a disaster, such as hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, etc.

I was initially involved with a similar project built in a 4GL :oops: (you can find the details here: http://infocntr.net/ ). However, I could see big problems with deployment and stability issues. Servoy takes care of all this automatically, so it is the ideal choice for such an application/service.

I am doing this on my own time, and don't expect to ever get paid for this - it is purely a humanitarian gesture on my part. I have already registered several domain names for this project. Servoy USA have graciously agreed to supply the necessary licenses for this project (thanks Bob!). However, to make this work, I am going to need some input from you guys, the Servoy community, namely:

- for translation of the interface into other languages, as many as possible (using our faithful i18n)
- for advice on programming, interface and local applications of this project
- for contacts with governemental / regional / municipal / local groups and agencies who could use this service (people who can actually help push this idea through the red tape)
- for other things I might think of eventually (this is my first attempt at something like this)

Please let me know if you're interested in lending a helping hand in making this project a reality. Any help will be greatly appreciated, and due credit will be given to all those involved (unless otherwise stated).

Thanking you all in advance,

Ben
Benoit R. Savignac, president
LOGIsoft Consulting inc.
--------------------------------------------------------
Servoy Alliance Network Partner
LOGIsoft

Return to Sharing Central