ExportMaker - Also Does Reports

Share business templates, ideas, experiences, etc with fellow Servoy developers here

ExportMaker - Also Does Reports

Postby bcusick » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:17 am

This is from DEAN WESTOVER from CHOICES SOFTWARE:

I have created a little 16kb free unprotected Servoy solution named ExportMaker, which anyone can download and use as they wish. My intention was to create a solution that would allow quick and easy creation of reports and the export of data in common formats.

The solution can be downloaded at:
http://66.105.190.206/ExportMaker/ExportMaker.servoy

A short Flash movie that demonstrates the features of the solution can be viewed at:
http://66.105.190.206/ExportMaker/ExportMaker.html

As the movie shows, templates can be saved to disk and retrieved. By default they are saved with a ".doc" extension, however, they can be saved with any extension. The extension does not matter. The only reason I used the ".doc" extension was to make the template files easy to email. Today I added the ability to save the templates to a table, which is included in the download, but is not shown in the flash movie.

The solution's name is ExportMaker.servoy. I think Windows Explorer might try to name it ExportMaker.zip when the "Save As..." dialog comes up.

It is setup to work with the Servoy 3.1 build 404 sample files. However, it should work with other solutions if you repoint the server name (when importing the solution) to one that is used in your solution.

The solution has only been tested with small record sets (ie. 5,000 records or less). I suspect that it will be much slower with larger record sets, and may even run out of memory. High ASCII characters may also cause problems. All comments and suggestions for improving the solution are welcome.

Dean Westover
Bob Cusick
bcusick

Re: ExportMaker - Also Does Reports

Postby Gordon » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:29 am

bcusick wrote:This is from DEAN WESTOVER from CHOICES SOFTWARE:

I have created a little 16kb free unprotected Servoy solution named ExportMaker, which anyone can download and use as they wish. My intention was to create a solution that would allow quick and easy creation of reports and the export of data in common formats.

Thanks Dean !!!!!

I appreciate the work you have done and can see an immediate use for this potential module !

Cheers
Gordon
Gordon McLean
Click Digital Media Ltd
SAN Developer
www.clickdigital.com
Gordon

Re: ExportMaker - Also Does Reports

Postby Riccardino » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:58 pm

bcusick wrote:This is from DEAN WESTOVER from CHOICES SOFTWARE:

Thanks for sharing, Dean: very useful stuff :-)
ciao, ric
Riccardino

Postby Westy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:40 pm

The above ExportMaker download link is for use with Servoy 3.1. Below is the same solution for Servoy 2.2.x. I've tried it with Servoy 2.2.1-build 333 and Servoy 2.2.7-build 339, and it seems to work fine with both. The solution includes one small three column table named "ch_exportmaker" that contains sample data. The sample data works with the Servoy example_data database. When trying the solution, if during solution import there is no "example_data", just select a different server connection when asked:

http://66.105.190.206/ExportMaker/Expor ... 2.x.servoy

Dean Westover
Westy

Postby LOGIsoft » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi Dean,

The link is no longer available :cry: - is there another way to download the solution?

TIA,

Ben
Benoit R. Savignac, president
LOGIsoft Consulting inc.
--------------------------------------------------------
Servoy Alliance Network Partner
LOGIsoft

Postby martinh » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:57 am

I think your ip-address has changed.
Do you have an URL without ip-address?
Martin
------------------------------------------------
Servoy Developer
Version 5.2.10/5.2.13
Java version 1.6 update 31
Database SQL Server 2008 R2
martinh

Postby LOGIsoft » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi Martin,

Dean kindly made his solution available for download again - see here: http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=7970

Cheers,

Ben
Benoit R. Savignac, president
LOGIsoft Consulting inc.
--------------------------------------------------------
Servoy Alliance Network Partner
LOGIsoft

Return to Sharing Central