Jasper Reports and nested (2 levels deep) subreports problem

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

Jasper Reports and nested (2 levels deep) subreports problem

Postby ngervasi » Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:49 pm

Hi,
I'm upgrading an old solution from Servoy 5.x to Servoy 2022.12 with smart clients, Java 17.
I had to upgrade Jasper Report plugin to the latest (6.21.0) and adjust xml syntax for images and subreports. So far so good: my reports work fine when launched from a smart client opened within Servoy Developer.

The problem happens when I deploy the reports in production: the smart client (launched with the bootstrap.jar) works fine but when I run the report a nested subreport (2 levels deep) doesn't work.

The report has 1 subreport (header 1) and the subreport has a second subreport (header 2).
In developer/smart both are rendered, in SC on production only the first (outer) is rendered, the nested one is ignored.

I say ignored because I receive no error even if I change the subreport path to some non existing file.

Any clues?
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Re: Jasper Reports and nested (2 levels deep) subreports pro

Postby robert.edelmann » Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:40 pm

Jasper sometimes outputs its errors on the admin-page instead of console of the developer, especially if it's a file-problem. could you check there?
mit freundlichen Grüßen
Robert Stefan Edelmann
robert.edelmann

Postby ngervasi » Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:55 pm

Hi Robert,
nothing on the server log. It seems that the second level subreport is just ignored when invoked via smart client/Tomcat.
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Postby Gabi Boros » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:00 am

hi Nicola,

I did some tests with Servoy 2023.3.7.3849_LTS & Servoy JasperReports Plugin 2022.3.1_6.20.0 (btw, I saw you tried Servoy JasperReports Plugin 2024.3.0_6.21.0 with Servoy 2022, that may not work, this plugin version needs Servoy 2024 as min version) and for me it worked fine in developer as well as deployed and run in smart client. During the test, I had once the second level subreport without datasource set in the jrxml file, and of course, in this case it was just ignored; I'm wondering if in your case the datasource is set and if it has records; I'm also wondering if that is really an issue only with deployed smart client, what if you run a web client on the deployed war, is that also not working?
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Return to Plugins and Beans