Plugin Howto

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

Plugin Howto

Postby jcompagner » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:32 pm

there is a plugin howto now on the developer website:

http://developer.servoy.com/generic.jsp ... id=248;299

if the above url doesn't work directly, then go to the home of developer site and then under documentation you find the Servoy Plugins link
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby pbakker » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:36 am

hi,

Followed the example as described on the website to build a simple plugin. In eclipse, there were no errors anymore in the code, so I exported my first plugin into the Servoy Plugin directory.

Started Servoy.....no new plugin.... :(

In the export dialog, there are multiple options that can be checked. which ones should be and which ones not?

Also, would it be possible to post some screenshots and maybe the code of the sample plugin as described on the website? It might help..

Tnx in advance,

Paul
pbakker

Postby IT2Be » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:01 am

Hai Paul,

Let me try to help you out here:

In the export dialog, there are multiple options that can be checked. which ones should be and which ones not?

You have to check the project you want to export (left table) and I always uncheck all resources (right table).
'Export generated class files and resources' is checked aswell as 'Compress the content of the JAR file'.
Give in the export destination (complete including name, make this for example the plugin dir of Servoy) and click finish.
That should do the trick...

BTW Have you thought of the getProperties and getName methods?

Also, would it be possible to post some screenshots and maybe the code of the sample plugin as described on the website? It might help..
You can import the mail plugin as described in the 'How To'..

Paul, if you follow the guidelines closely you should be able to create a plugin. I succeeded too. I know, I know, reading those things is a pain in the ass but it works in this case :) If not, please send me your project and I will see where the problem lies...
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby pbakker » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:49 am

Well, I think I followed the guidelines properly, did forget the getName part though. Added it now, and now I did achieve some effect in Servoy: The Method Editor won't start anymore :?

I'll investigate some more and if all else fail, I'll take you up on that offer to review my code...

tnx
pbakker

Postby david » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:28 pm

Tried Johan's directions for a simple plugin for the first time. After export, the plugin shows up in the method editor as "not loaded!" and says the reason is a java.lang.StackOverflowError.

Any ideas?

- David
david

Postby david » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:05 pm

david wrote:Tried Johan's directions for a simple plugin for the first time. After export, the plugin shows up in the method editor as "not loaded!" and says the reason is a java.lang.StackOverflowError.

Cool, figured out the syntax errors. The simplest things are hard to find when you are not familar with a language and the development environment. Stay tuned for plugin wackiness :)
david

Return to Plugins and Beans