Problem with plugin ServoyUpdater.

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

Problem with plugin ServoyUpdater.

Postby rmidata » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:41 am

Hi!

After installing servoyUpdater, no problems with the sample solution successfully climbing the solution with the properties file.
The properties in Servoy-admin configured properly, but then the log gives the following error:

2013-01-04 21:16 scheduler_Worker-1 ERROR org.quartz.core.ErrorLogger Job (DEFAULT.servoyUpdaterTrigger threw an exception.
org.quartz.SchedulerException: Job threw an unhandled exception. [See nested exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.servoy.extensions.plugins.http.HttpClient: method <init>()V not found]
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:227)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.servoy.extensions.plugins.http.HttpClient: method <init>()V not found
at de.servoyplugins.plugin.servoyupdater.HttpPoster.<init>(HttpPoster.java:20)
at de.servoyplugins.plugin.servoyupdater.ftp.UpdateJob.execute(UpdateJob.java:85)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216)
... 1 more

2013-01-04 21:16 scheduler_Worker-1 ERROR org.quartz.core.JobRunShell Job DEFAULT.servoyUpdaterTrigger threw an unhandled Exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.servoy.extensions.plugins.http.HttpClient: method <init>()V not found
at de.servoyplugins.plugin.servoyupdater.HttpPoster.<init>(HttpPoster.java:20)
at de.servoyplugins.plugin.servoyupdater.ftp.UpdateJob.execute(UpdateJob.java:85)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)

2013-01-04 21:16 scheduler_Worker-1 INFO com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug Successfully downloaded file Agenda.properties to /usr/local/servoy61/application_server/servoyUpdater/Agenda_1357344983433.properties

2013-01-04 21:16 scheduler_Worker-1 INFO com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug Successfully downloaded file Agenda.servoy to /usr/local/servoy61/application_server/servoyUpdater/Agenda_1357344983424.servoy

2013-01-04 21:16 scheduler_Worker-1 INFO com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug Found update candidate to download: Agenda

2013-01-04 21:16 scheduler_Worker-1 INFO com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug Fri Jan 04 21:16:23 ART 2013: UpdateJob called

Thanks.
Roberto Diez.
Santa Fe, Argentina.
Roberto Diez.
Interdata Software.
Santa Fe, Argentina.
rmidata

Re: Problem with plugin ServoyUpdater.

Postby patrick » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:17 pm

What Servoy version are you using? It sounds a bit as if the http plugin is not there?
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby rmidata » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Patrick!
Data are as follows:

Servoy Ver 6.1.4
Server Linux Centos 6.2
DB: MySQL 5.0

So I researched it sounds like a problem in linux quartz.
Can that be?

Thanks.
Roberto Diez.
Santa Fe, Argentina.
Roberto Diez.
Interdata Software.
Santa Fe, Argentina.
rmidata

Postby patrick » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:25 pm

No. quartz works fine, it does fire the method. Looks more like the plugins http.jar is not present or cannot be accessed.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby rmidata » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:40 pm

The http.jar plugins (and http.jar.jnlp) are in application_server / plugins.
Must be installed along with Servoy Application Server because I do not remember doing anything special.
I just do the installation on another server Linux Centos 6.3 and the same thing happens.
Thank you.
Roberto Diez.
Santa Fe, Argentina.
Roberto Diez.
Interdata Software.
Santa Fe, Argentina.
rmidata

Postby patrick » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:23 am

6.1.4? Are you using an intermediate build?
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby patrick » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:39 am

I see the problem. Will send you a version to test by private message and post an update when fixed.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby siavash.roozbehan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:13 am

Hi Patrick,

I'm trying to use your plugin to do autoUpdate in our application, so I download the sample solution (and the plugins of course) and tried to run the solution to upload a servoy file to my local ftp folder. When I'm finished with all the steps and press the upload button, it successfully creates the properties file based on my selections but when it tried to upload the file to the ftp folder it throws the following error:

sealing violation: package org.apache.commons.net.util is sealed
Wrapped java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation: package org.apache.commons.net.util is sealed (C:\Users\siavash\updaterSolution\ServoyUpdater\forms\servoyUpdater_settings_ftp_upload.js#30)
at C:\Users\siavash\updaterSolution\ServoyUpdater\forms\servoyUpdater_settings_ftp_upload.js:30 (onAction_btnUpload)

I have attached the screenshot of the error as well. Can you please tell me what is the problem, or guide me if I'm doing something wrong to get such error?

Cheers,
Siavash
Attachments
Capture.JPG
screenshot
Capture.JPG (51.23 KiB) Viewed 9478 times
Siavash

TSM (The Service Manager)
Australia
siavash.roozbehan

Postby patrick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:26 am

Will try to find out what goes wrong here.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby siavash.roozbehan » Mon May 06, 2013 3:09 am

Any news patrick?
Siavash

Australia
siavash.roozbehan

Postby patrick » Mon May 06, 2013 11:18 am

I have looked at that and it works fine for me. What I find strange in your screenshot is that the directory is set to C:\test. What is needed here is an (optional) directory on the FTP server, not your local hard drive.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby siavash.roozbehan » Tue May 07, 2013 2:24 am

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. I am running a local ftp server on my machine to test stuff and the c:\test forlder is the folder that my ftp is pointing too. That's why I have set it to c:\test. I'll try it with directory set to nothing as well, but the error I get is not an ftp issue I guess. I am using servoy verson 7 btw, can it be a problem, as I remember testing the solution before when I was on version 6 and it was working. Do you have any idea what can cause the issue then?

btw, that's the error I get in the console:

sealing violation: package org.apache.commons.net.util is sealed
Wrapped java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation: package org.apache.commons.net.util is sealed (C:\Users\siavash\test_workspace\ServoyUpdater\forms\servoyUpdater_settings_ftp_upload.js#30)
at C:\Users\siavash\test_workspace\ServoyUpdater\forms\servoyUpdater_settings_ftp_upload.js:30 (onAction_btnUpload)
Siavash

Australia
siavash.roozbehan

Postby patrick » Tue May 07, 2013 9:28 am

Hi,

I have tested yesterday with 7.1 and had no problem with a "normal" FTP server. I think the error suggests that some classes are loaded from two different locations. Could you check if you have a "commons-net.jar" somewhere in your plugins directory? That could cause a conflict.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby siavash.roozbehan » Wed May 08, 2013 1:30 am

Hi Patrick,

I just check my plugins folder and I've got one "commons-net.jar" file which is located in the it2be-ftp folder (it's an it2be plugin). I removed the plugin and I don't get the error any more. Everything works fine now :)
Thanks Patrick :)
Siavash

Australia
siavash.roozbehan

Postby siavash.roozbehan » Thu May 09, 2013 7:04 am

Hi Patrick,

I have another problem now. I can use your plugin with no issue when I don't have the it2be_ftp plugin. But I need to have both of these plugins as I use the it2be one for reading and uploading files from/to a ftp server. The problem is both of your plugins use this "commons-net.jar" library and that will give me the sealing error when I have both plugins installed. How can I get around this issue?

Cheers,
Siavash
Siavash

Australia
siavash.roozbehan

Next

Return to Plugins and Beans