JasperReports Cause Servoy Client UI to Tile

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

JasperReports Cause Servoy Client UI to Tile

Postby lhale » Wed May 15, 2013 9:37 pm

When running reports from within the servoy client my screen will tile. What I mean by tile is that the UI piles forms on top of other forms or duplicates the existing form on top of itself. I will have to click on anther form to get the UI to refresh. I have tried both application.updateUI() and controller.recreateUI() with no success.

I have tried multiple version of the servoy jasper plugin with no succes either. All versions of the plugin give me the same result.

No errors in the console. This just started happening with the advent of Dual monitors.

Running Java 1.6.43 on client and server
Ubuntu Server
Win 7 client
Servoy 5.2.16
JasperReports 3.7.6 (tried Multiple Versions)
lhale

Re: JasperReports Cause Servoy Client UI to Tile

Postby Andrei Costache » Fri May 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi,

Could you please provide a bit more details on what you are trying to do? You said you are running reports; can you please provide some code on how you are using the plugin?
Also, do you have any errors in the server log?

Regards,
Andrei
Andrei Costache
Servoy
Andrei Costache

Postby lhale » Fri May 17, 2013 5:37 pm

calling the report:
Code: Select all
plugins.jasperPluginRMI.runReport('database','report.jrxml',null,'view',{Part: string});

The parameter is Part and I pass the value of string to Part for report generation. The report generates fine, it's the servoy UI that tiles and the forms seem to overlay one another after generating reports.

I call all my reports in Servoy 5.2.16 in this fashion. This issue started occurring when we introduced dual monitors. Users with only one monitory do not experience this issue.
There are no errors in the console or server log in regards to this issue. Controller.recreateUI at times seems to fix this issue and at others it does not.

Java 1.6.43 on server and client

Windows 7 Pro
lhale

Postby lhale » Wed May 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Any help would be appreciated the tiling will not go away.
lhale

Return to Plugins and Beans