ObjectPlanet EasyCharts Chart Bean Loading Intermittently

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

ObjectPlanet EasyCharts Chart Bean Loading Intermittently

Postby ellenmeserow » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:09 am

We have been using ObjectPlanet's EasyChart for a decade inside Servoy, to do complex on the fly charting (two axes, line/bar combos, dynamically built as the client changes info). Of late, it is choosing when to load or not load, with no error until the user tries to use it. The error is just that the bean didn't load. I've tried lazy and eager loading (was set to eager for 10 years). We are on a variety of Java versions, mostly 6 51, some 7 all the way to 65. All Servoy 5.2.11. Developer never has trouble loading it. Just our test and production servers to smart clients.

Final clue: often when we toggle the Java control panel into logging or showing the console, the bean loads for a while. But eventually it decides not to. No error until you try to run a line of code that refers to the bean that isn't there.

McAfee is around here, perhaps blocking? We've done lots of testing there, but can't conclusively prove it to I.T.

Anything else I can do?
ellen escarcega (formerly meserow)
meserow design
Servoy 2019 9
MSSQL 2017
Windows AWS Servers
ellenmeserow

Re: ObjectPlanet EasyCharts Chart Bean Loading Intermittentl

Postby jbrancoIF » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Hello,

There was an issue with bean loading in Servoy after a certain Java 7 version. I remember something about the Java console influence it, but not exactly how.
It was fixed for Servoy 6 and 7 but not for Servoy 5 because officially it is not Java 7 compatible. The fix is really simple and you can easily apply it in Servoy 5.2 if you want to adventure in the art of Servoy open source development.

Check:
https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-4749
João
InfoForm SA

Servoy 2021.03
jbrancoIF

Return to Plugins and Beans