Servoy 7.4.1 and zip files

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

Servoy 7.4.1 and zip files

Postby siavash.roozbehan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:36 am

Hi guys,

We have updated our servoy developer to 7.4.1 from 7.3.1 today (finally). The first thing we realized after updating to the new version is that the file plugin no longer sees the zip files in the application_server\server\webapps\ROOT\upload folder when we do:

plugins.file.convertToRemoteJSFile('/'+zipfilename);

This used to work perfectly fine in the prior servoy versions and now it doesn't. It however can see any other file types and folders. Has someone else encountered such problem? Is there any change regarding to this plugin for 7.4.1?

Your inputs are much appreciated,
Siavash

TSM (The Service Manager)
Australia
siavash.roozbehan

Re: Servoy 7.4.1 and zip files

Postby steve1376656734 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi,

Have you checked the defaultFolder setting for the File Plugin on the Server Plugins page. This seems to have changed with 7.4 onward. On my 7.3 installation it was blank but on 7.4.1 it has a default value filled in that is a different location to the application_server\server\webapps\ROOT\upload folder

Steve
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Re: Servoy 7.4.1 and zip files

Postby siavash.roozbehan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:07 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. Changing the file plugin server path did work. But there are a couple of interesting points.

First: when I looked at the path on the servoy admin page, the field was blank and wasn't set to anything at all (like before!).

Second: I could get a remoteJsFile or folder for that matter with no change to the default server path and zip files were the only file types that weren't accessible! (Strange!)

Thanks for pointing that out as setting the path fixed it all. But it would have been better if changes like this would have been mentioned in Servoy update changelogs as I don't think anyone would check all these values one by one every time they update to a newer version of servoy (unless it's been mentioned somewhere in the changelogs).
Siavash

TSM (The Service Manager)
Australia
siavash.roozbehan

Return to Plugins and Beans