Customize Chart Jasper report

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

Customize Chart Jasper report

Postby ronald.rensing » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:00 am

Hello,

I have to create a trend line on a chart. I've investigated how to do that. You can customize a chart using Customizer class.
You have to create you're own implementation of a chart and use this jar file. I got it setup in iReport.

Now i want to use this report with the servoy plugin but it does not recognize my jar file.
I get the following exception:

Exception Object: java.lang.Exception: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Could not create chart customizer instance.
MSG: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Could not create chart customizer instance.
<null>

Does any one knows how to solve this.

Regards,
Ronald
ronald.rensing

Re: Customize Chart Jasper report

Postby jwservoy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Have you built your own version of the Jasper report plugin with the Advanced Plugin? That process allows you to build your own jasper plugin with the required resources and you can then deploy it to your Servoy environment.
jwservoy

Re: Customize Chart Jasper report

Postby Mccourt.cordingley1372837951 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:10 am

Hi

If you have compiled your own customizer class into a jar file you need to ensure Servoy has it in the class path at runtime.
We have also implemented a customizer class to do much the same as you have.

To ensure the file is in the class path we placed our custom jar into the plugins folder and added a line into the resources section of the jnlp file for the jasper reports plugin to reference our jar and ensure Servoy ships it with the solution.

Code: Select all
<jar href="/plugins/chart_customizers.jar" download="eager" version="1.0"/>
Mccourt.cordingley1372837951

Return to Plugins and Beans