Missing fonts in Jasper report

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

Missing fonts in Jasper report

Postby jdbruijn » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:21 pm

We are using a jasper report to print emails. Now the customer is telling us that not all emails will print.
On investigating the problem, I noticed that I get error messages like this:
"java.lang.Exception: Font 'verdana' is not available to the JVM. See the Javadoc for more details."

In the ServoyForge wiki I found that I need to include a fonts extension jar file.
So I have done the following:
- Using Jaspersoft Studio i've created a fonts.jar file with the fonts: Arial, Times New Roman and Verdana
- From http://sourceforge.net/projects/jasperreports/files/jasperreports/JasperReports%205.6.0/ i've downloaded the project file and extracted the sping-beans and spring-core file to the plugins folder
- I've modified the jnlp file with the 3 lines as suggested in https://www.servoyforge.net/projects/servoy-jasperreports/wiki/Servoy_JasperReports_Plugin_v310_Beta_3_release_notes

But after restarting my developer and running my solution I keep getting the same error as before.
Am I missing a step here?

NOTE Using Servoy JasperReports Plugin 5.0.0 final version
Jos de Bruijn
Focus Feedback BV
Servoy Certified Developer
jdbruijn

Re: Missing fonts in Jasper report

Postby Harjo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:59 pm

For really using fonts in jasper reports itself, that's the way you have to do it.
How Jasper reports handle fonts inside html, and on his turn html in a report, that I don't know...

Maybe you an create a reproducable case and put a bug request on servoyforge..
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Return to Plugins and Beans