Svy PDF Viewer Plugin

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

Svy PDF Viewer Plugin

Postby Thomas.shuttleworth » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:09 pm

I installed the PDF viewer plugin to try it out and have run into some problems.

I saw the webinar that covered this plugin and tried to achieve something similar, just an input where the user can type the location of the PDF and for that PDF to be display when a button is pressed.

From what I can tell from the errors i'm getting, and considering how bare bones the solution i'm using this in is, there's an issue with the functions called by the pdf viewer element.

Is there some way I can find these functions so that I can check what might be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 15.06.25.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 15.06.25.png (66.59 KiB) Viewed 5727 times
Thomas.shuttleworth

Re: Svy PDF Viewer Plugin

Postby Thomas.shuttleworth » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:20 pm

I should add that I downloaded the example solution for the plugin and ran into the same errors in that solution too.
Thomas.shuttleworth

Postby Thomas.shuttleworth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:34 pm

I'm not sure what ended up fixing the problem, I started Servoy the next day and the example solutions ran exactly as expected. I was now wondering if anyone has managed to get the PDF Viewer to work on mobile? Specifically, i'm hoping to have a PDF Viewer on a phonegap app i've been working on.
Thomas.shuttleworth

Postby habib » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:13 pm

I am also wondering how to get the pdf viewer working on mobile. Usually there is a blank where the pdf viewer is supposed to be.
habib

Postby rvanderburg » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:04 am

What does not work?
At demo.servoy.com PDF viewer seems to work fine on mobile?
rvanderburg
Site Admin

Postby habib » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:57 pm

When i place a pdfviewer component into a form, the pdf viewer works as intended on desktop. When I attempt to use chrome developer tool and switch to mobile view, and then try to use the pdfviewer, i get a blank. Manipulating the dimensions in mobile view returns the same blank. When I switch to desktop view, it works as intended.
habib

Postby sean » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi Habib,
I cannot reproduce this problem. In both IOS chrome and desktop chrome with dev tools set to mobile viewports, the PDF renders.
Can you please try https://demo.servoy.com
Select "Specialized Components" > PDF.js
Try it from your phone / chrome dev tools mobile viewports
Software Engineer
Servoy USA
sean

Postby habib » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:40 pm

The pdf renders on the link you showed me with chrome dev tools, sizing issues notwithstanding. On the add component tab in the servoy form builder there are two variations of the pdf viewer. Would it possibly render on my end if I used the pdfJsViewer?
habib

Return to Plugins and Beans