JasperReport Plugin error in Batch process

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

JasperReport Plugin error in Batch process

Postby palacio » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Hi,

Did anyone already experienced this problem?
We are using Servoy 8 and we are installing a Servoy Application server on a computer to run a batch in background.
We are experiencing problems in using JasperReport plugin, it does not send the file generated to the specified printer when the scheduled batch runs.
We have a batch process that will print documents in background so that users could finish their work rather than waiting for the printing to finish.
When the batch has finished the document will not arrive in the print queue but you could that it produced a file with the printer's name
inside the folder "C:\Servoy\application_server\ ".

Hopefully someone could help me.
Palacio
palacio

Re: JasperReport Plugin error in Batch process

Postby rgansevles » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:52 pm

Palacio,

Do you see any error in the log files?

Are you sure that the batch job is running as expected (you could add some application.output() statements

When you run the same code directly, does it work then?

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Re: JasperReport Plugin error in Batch process

Postby palacio » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:45 pm

No, there are no errors in the log files.

Yes, the batch is running because I already added application.output() to verify the process.
The strange thing is if I run the same code directly using a normal client it prints perfectly to the printer that I have chosen but if I let the batch job do the printing it doesn't do anything.
It does not print anything and it only creates a file (pdf) containing the name of the printer inside the application_server folder.

Palacio
palacio

Return to Plugins and Beans