JavaFX install was not found.

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

JavaFX install was not found.

Postby Roberto Blasco » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:05 am

Hi all.

When trying to test Java FX features in smart client the developer throw the error "Cannot intialize bean because Java FX install was not found".

img02.png
img02.png (15.42 KiB) Viewed 2552 times

I have read the documentation in servoy wiki

Requirements

JavaFX is available on Windows, OSX and Linux as of Java 7 update 6, thus in order to use JavaFX the Smart Client or Servoy Developer (see notes) must be launched with Java 7 update 6 or higher.
In order to enable JavaFX in a Smart Client running from a Servoy Application Server, the setting servoy.client.javafx on the Servoy Admin page must be set to true (Default is false)

Notes

The JFXPanel bean is Smart Client only, as JavaFX is a Java UI toolkit, thus it has no place in the Web Client or Mobile Client. In the Web Client the bean will render an empty panel
Running Servoy Developer on Java 7 on OSX is not as straight forward as it should be. See Running Servoy Developer on Java 7 on MAC OSX for more details

img01.png
img01.png (8.66 KiB) Viewed 2552 times

I am developing my code with servoy Version: 2020.3.1.3563_LTS in a Windows 10 machine with java 8 installed

Do I have to perform any post-installation ?

Best regards. Roberto Blasco
Un saludo. Roberto.

Madrid - Spain
Tfno: (+34) 625653066
E-mail: roberto.blasco.serrano@gmail.com
Roberto Blasco

Re: JavaFX install was not found.

Postby robert.edelmann » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:01 pm

Servoy uses it's own Java-installation, which probably doesn't have the JavaFX-modules installed.

You could try installing the correct JavaFX / OpenFX-modules from https://openjfx.io (I failed doing that), or you could install a JRE with JavaFX (like Bellsoft Liberica from https://bell-sw.com/pages/downloads/? - make sure you grab a "full"-Version which includes JavaFX or Azul Zulu OpenJDK from https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/?architecture=x86-64-bit&package=jre-fx)

If you install an different JDK/JRE you have to change the servoy.ini in your eclipse folder and set the --vm parameter:

Code: Select all
-vm
../Eclipse/plugins/com.servoy.eclipse.jre.macosx.x86_64_14.0.1/jre/Contents/Home/lib/libjli.dylib

(this will look different on windows)
mit freundlichen Grüßen
Robert Stefan Edelmann
robert.edelmann

Re: JavaFX install was not found.

Postby Roberto Blasco » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:28 pm

Thanks a lot robert.

I'm gonna try it :-)
Un saludo. Roberto.

Madrid - Spain
Tfno: (+34) 625653066
E-mail: roberto.blasco.serrano@gmail.com