IClientPlugin - unload method

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

IClientPlugin - unload method

Postby pbakker » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:10 pm

Hi,

I've got a plugin implementing IClientPlugin and IServerPlugin. I want to trigger the execution of a method towards the Server when the client gets unloaded. (meaning: when the Servoy client is closed)

I thought it would be simply adding the method to the unload() function in the class implementing IClientPlugin, but it doesn't seem to work.

Where am I going wrong, or am I trying to do something that's not possible?

tnx,

Paul

further description:
In the unload() method in the client class, I call a function in the client provider class (implementing IScriptObject), which in turn links to the server class (implementing IServerPlugin).

PS: Before, I tried to do sort of the same thing on application start, by adding the calling of functions from the IScriptObject implementation (which in turn initiated the connection to the Server) in the initialize() method in the IClientPlugin implementing class, but also that didn't work. I was able to work around that, but would like to know if it should be possible....
pbakker

Postby pbakker » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:18 pm

Anyone?!?

Is it possible to trigger a call to the Server Side of a plugin when the Servoy client is closed?

Paul
pbakker

Postby jcompagner » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:41 pm

the unload wasn't triggered yet in the client.
We trigger it now on shutdown. But this is not guarranteed! Because a kill of servoy client will not trigger it anyway. (but this is ofcourse not normal)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby pbakker » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:46 pm

ok, cool, tnx.

Will this make it into 2.1.2? And if so, when is the release of it planned for?

Paul
pbakker

Return to Plugins and Beans