Alphabeans corrupted my solution?

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

Alphabeans corrupted my solution?

Postby ellenmeserow » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:31 pm

I just tried to use a java bean to do a chart and the Servoy solution freaked out. I was using parallelchart from alphabeans. It was working, and then I decided to go up a version for safety's sake. When I loaded the next release, it would no longer load the form -- it'd just give me a gray version of the screen I was jumping from to it. Even in designer.

Couldn't get to the form enough to remove the bean. Restarting Servoy and the machine didn't solve it. Rolling back to the previous version didn't solve it. Rolling back two version did solve it, but then I lost too much work.

So I exported the version, imported it on a different machine also running Servoy and SQL Server (but not alphabeans), and then i could get to the layout in designer. Removed the bean, exported the solution, and imported it on the first machine. That worked. Scared me tho -- anything I should know about beans or corrupted Servoy solutions?
ellenmeserow

Postby ROCLASI » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:23 pm

Not sure what happend...but you could've just have quit Servoy, removed the offending beans from the beans directory and relaunched Servoy again...would/should have the same result as your export/import on another machine without offending beans routine.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Return to Plugins and Beans