runtime builder: invalid or corrupt jar file

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

runtime builder: invalid or corrupt jar file

Postby bobcart » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:19 pm

Did 2.2rc1 break the runtime builder? I keep getting "invalid or corrupt jar file" when I try to double click the jar file output from the runtime builder. I was able to get it to work and now it stopped for some reason. I extracted the class file and tried to run it from the command file and here's what I get:
Code: Select all
>java ServoyRuntimeStarter
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/servoy/j2db/runtime/J2DBRuntimeClient
        at ServoyRuntimeStarter.main(ServoyRuntimeStarter.java:5)

I looked in the jar for the above class but I don't even see the com/servoy/j2db directory it should be in. I get only the com\servoy\r2\plugins\runtime_builder dir. What could cause the package to be incomplete? Any clues on what I can do to work around this?

Just to be sure, I did a complete clean reinstall of everything and I still get the same problem. I even tried going back to the latest non beta, but I couldn't get my solution to go backwards. I'm now stuck in the future. I hope the release candidate is looking good.

I'm running WinXP, ASA9.01, JDK1.5, Servoy 2.2rc1
bobcart

Postby faheemhameed » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:05 pm

Hi servoy people,

I have got the same problem as bob.

I have just purchased the runtime builder from the servoy website. I tried to create the runtime of one of my existing solution. The solution was created successfully. But when I double clicked the servoy_runtime.jar I got the following error.

Invalid or corrupt jarfile ../../servoy_runtime.jar

This is a real problem for us since this is very urgent for us. I need to give the runtime to my client as soon as possible.

So please look into it as quick as possible.

Thanks a lot.
Hameed
Pilot simple software
Hong Kong
faheemhameed

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:03 pm

It seems a direcory casing problem since Java 1.5, will be fixed in Servoy 2.2 rc2 (currently it should work fine with Java 1.4.2)
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby faheemhameed » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:08 pm

Thanks for that. Do you know when the rc2 will be available?
Hameed
Pilot simple software
Hong Kong
faheemhameed

Postby faheemhameed » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:10 pm

But my version is already 1.4.2

Servoy Developer
Version R2 2.2rc1-build 319
Java version 1.4.2_01-b06 (Windows 2000)

Is there some other problem?
Hameed
Pilot simple software
Hong Kong
faheemhameed

Postby bcusick » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:15 pm

Your version of JAVA is 1.4.2. Your version of Servoy is 2.2rc1. You need to wait for 2.2rc2.
Bob Cusick
bcusick

Postby bobcart » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:10 am

It seems a direcory casing problem since Java 1.5, will be fixed in Servoy 2.2 rc2 (currently it should work fine with Java 1.4.2)

What is the last version of Servoy where the RT builder worked? I was unable to use the current product release, 2.1 I think, i.e. not the beta. I do have jdk1.5 installed and I have another app that I'm having problems with since jre1.5. Perhaps my java install is bad?

In my C:\Program Files\Java\ dir, I have installed three jre instances:
j2re1.4.2 (42MB)
jdk1.5.0_01 (114MB)
jre1.5.0_01 (68MB)

If I use the jdk 1.5 (which contains the jre), can I just delete the seperate C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01 ? My JAVA_HOME env var is already set to the jdk.

Also, if I want to try 1.4.2, can I just switch the environment variables back? My JAVA_HOME env var is set to the jdk1.5 as well as the JAVA_LIB. In my Path, I also have 1.5's bin directory but no other java related env vars are set, including no CLASSPATH.
bobcart

Return to Plugins and Beans