JSplitPane pains

Questions and answers on developing, deploying and using plugins and JavaBeans

JSplitPane pains

Postby bobcart » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:17 pm

I have a need to build something like a windows explorer for navigating components and subcomponents of mechanical equipment. I want a windows explorer tree view type interface. I checked out the treeview bean in the book study example and it looks very promising assuming I can control it in a more sophisticated manner. Unfortunateley, I can't find any good docs or even the API for this. I want to do stuff like show different icons for different objects and I want to control the flow a bit closer to what users expect from windows explorer or the OS X finder.
1) is there a best approach for finding bean docs? I've searched sun and gamelan and googled the web and don't get much which strikes me as odd.

I also checked out JSplitPane and see that it would be great to use with DBTreeView since the tree can get wide as you go deep. I set up a simpler version of the book study example with a single JSplitPane with a left component that houses a DBTreeView and the right a tab panel. It works, but the "Right Button" label shows and it is clickable and obscures the tab panel if you do click there. I set the properties like RightComponent in an onload method, but when I look in designer, the properties of the same name are loaded with parameters.

2) How do I get the "Right Button" label and clickable button to be hidden in a split pane?
bobcart

Postby bobcart » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:31 am

I'm getting warm on one of the questions. I moved the tab panel used in the right component of the splitpane below the body part of the form. This raised no errors, but I found that with a refresh of the editor the element no longer showed in the editor elements node for the form in the designer. I moved it back and now it seems to work.

Put this down as another need for the editor tree to refresh itself more frequently.
bobcart

Return to Plugins and Beans