Servoy 2022.09.2

Servoy announcements

Servoy 2022.09.2

Postby jcompagner » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:19 pm

We are pleased to announce the availability of Servoy 2022.09.2 (release number 3805)

This build fixes a few regressions foundset in 2022.9.x relases: issues.

As an extra warning i want to mention that users of the HTTP Plugin must use the close method on the http client after you are not planning to use it anymore!
see createHttpClient.

This version is available through the the download site

An installation (coming from the normal installer or from a platform specific archive) is shipping with with a Java VM (Java 17.0.4)

So for the platform specific archives you don't need to install or have java on your system.

This release can be updated by using the "latest" url: http://download.servoy.com/developer/latest/ (when you come from 2019.03 or higher)
This release is build on Eclipse 2022.06 (4.24)

See whats new for the global changes

See the issues list for a complete overview of all the cases.

Make sure you use all the latest webpackages that also have the 2022.09.x version
Older versions won't work in combination with Servoy 2022.09

This is a release in our quarterly release cycle
if you want to stay on the LTS path you need to stick to 2021.03.1 LTS and enabled only the lts update site.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Re: Servoy 2022.09.2

Postby steve1376656734 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:08 am

Hi Johan,

Could you clarify something that is new in 2022.9 please - we have a JAR file that provides functionality that we reference directly from the Javascript (not a plugin). In previous releases, we would place this in the plugins folder and it would function correctly in developer and get exported with the WAR file so functioned correctly on the deployed application as well. With 2022.9, there is a change in the plugin setup that means this JAR file is being reported as incorrect because it does not follow the ServiceLoader setup.

I have seen in a previous post that the JAR must go in the WEB-INF/lib folder when it is deployed so we created this folder within the Developer application and placed the file there but then it does not work in Developer, we also placed a copy in the application_server/lib folder but were still getting problems with Developer. If we place the JAR back in the plugins folder then Developer works but we get the warnings about the ServiceLoader.

What is the correct location or locations for this file in 2022.9 in order to retain the same functionality that we had previously?

Thanks
Steve
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Postby jcompagner » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:08 pm

jars in the root are expected to the pure client plugin jars (so with the plugin class)
support jars are in a sub dir..
So we warn if we find a a jar in the root that is not really a plugin (you can ignore this warning )
What you also can do is just place it in a sub dir in the plugins

(and make sure you select it when exporting, creating a WAR)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby vik.lamp.vl » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:27 pm

Hey, thanks for the update but i guess something broke.
2022.09.1 i could (like always) run the solution in for example ngdesktop-client and change some things in a form.
After i save the form in developer the running ngdesktop solution refreshed ** and i got the changed stuff. Now it wont reload 9 out of 10 times and i need to restart the whole ngdesktop-client. Most of the time it happens if i change properties in webcomponents like the data-grid.

Tested it with 2 PC´s and 2 different solutions. One with alot of webcomponents (up2date) the other one plain.

** => with a pipe-error in 85% the time, but i got used to it in TI/NGdesktop development. Here a screenshot of the pipe-error
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vik.lamp.vl

Postby jcompagner » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:48 pm

there is really not a change in ngdesktop or in .1 -> .2 of the core for this kind of stuff.

Also looking at it, it seems to be pure node (so ngdesktop), but we do try to override the console and reroute this to the developer (so that could be it) but that code is also not changed for a while.

i wonder why a console.log does happen, (that really shouldn't happen in most components, so i guess there is a component that logs this (and that you should see that in the developers console). But from the stack you give i can't tell which one that is.
Maybe a refresh and a reload is done at the same time.

But if you have a case where you say, this works in 9.1 and this fails in 9.2 with exactly the same solution and components then do create a case for this because that would be really strange to me.

We can have a look at it also for the next release to see if we can somehow reproduce this and make this a bit nicer (so catch that exception somewhere if possible)
but that is the same we need a to see this in a sample
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby steve1376656734 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:35 pm

FYI: NG2 develoment is broken this morning due to a new release of the Uppy component.

Case SVY-17660 created.
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Postby steve1376656734 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:18 pm

Th Uppy problem has been resolved with a new release of the servoy-extra-components package - thanks for the quick fix Johan.
Steve
SAN Developer
steve1376656734

Return to Announcements