ServoyWorld 2008 Kicks Off

Servoy announcements

ServoyWorld 2008 Kicks Off

Postby BDuncan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:29 pm

Today is September 2 and we are kicking off ServoyWorld in Fabulous Las Vegas!

We have a record turnout for our 4th annual, international conference with a surge of last minute registrations and "Executive Attendees" - very exciting!

Tonight we will have an opening reception and then a keynote speech by our CEO, Jan Aleman. Jan gave us (the staff) a preview of his keynote last night and I have to tell you - its pretty impressive -- the gains Servoy has made in a year (since last SW). Sales are strong - even with a tough economy, staff is up, we have the attention of the Tech Analysts (Forrester, Gartner, IDC and more), an eWEEK review, articles in INC. and InfoWorld.

Plus some more secret stuff that I can't share yet.

For those who are here, welcome! I saw about 1/3 of you this AM at registration for the pre-con classes.

For those who couldn't join us this year -- I hope you can come to SW next year! Its always so interesting, and fun to see people in person.

More updates soon.
BDuncan

Re: ServoyWorld 2008 Kicks Off

Postby BDuncan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:20 pm

We are about 1/2 way through the first day of the conference. Its been busy - with the Bob and Jan show followed by the ... well, the OTHER Bob and Jan show (two Jan's - Jan Blok, then Jan Aleman). I'll get a posting of what they went over up later - some exciting hints at what 4.1 and 4.2 will include.

We've seen old friends - Marcel Trapman - speaking on Eclipse and Fortune 500 companies - Dan Garrett, from Wells Fargo Bank. New consultants - like Greg Pierce (the Agile Tortoise) are speaking this year as well as loads of Servoy Engineers. Right now, two customers of Servoy are presenting their own solutions - Adrian McGilly for American Trash Management is showing off the super-cool solution that "talks to trash cans" and helps large firms (like Walmart, and Universities) optimize their waste management dollars. PayGo SaaS - an on-line POS system hosted in "the cloud" is being presented by Laura Happala-Peterso and Chris Peterson. Gotta go hear those two sessions... so more later....

We will be going to dinner at the "swank" restaurant here (bought it out to accommodate all the people from ServoyWorld!) - and then several busses will take us all down to the fabulous Las Vegas Strip tonight. More later!
BDuncan

Postby BDuncan » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:57 am

ServoyWorld is now over! Igot back to Los Angeles Friday night and been trying to recover for the past 36 hours or so!

One of the exciting things revealed at the show is a new site: www.servoy.com/i (or "iServoy") - a compilation of all things Servoy - blogs, forum updates, press releases, etc.

Check it out.

There are also a LOT of "tweets" on "Twitter" -- which seems to be the new mode-of-info release for the Execs of Servoy. I suggest you get a twitter account (its easy, go to www.twitter.com) and follow Servoy and/or Bob Cusick.

He was posting MUCH faster than anyone else -- twittering from the stage as well as the audience several times during the conference.

Thanks to all who joined us and to all the speakers and staff who made this year's conference the best so far.
BDuncan

Postby martinh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:04 pm

Any news already about ServoyWorld 2009?
martinh

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:49 pm

We expect to announce within a month
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby Hans Nieuwenhuis » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Any news on this subject ??

Regards,

Hans