Servoy 4.1.1 Final

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 4.1.1 Final

Postby Robert Huber » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi Nicola, Jan

I found the difference to previous Servoy Developer versions:

I use(d) this code and made even the comment in the plugins.kioskmode.setMenuVisible(false); line that it has no effect in Servoy Developer, but with the latest version it has...

Removing that line makes the menu visible and still in the client it does NOT appear as expected.

[Code]// Suppress Servoy menu and tool bar as well as bottom status bar
plugins.kioskmode.setMenuVisible(false); // Has no effect in Servoy Developer
plugins.kioskmode.setToolBarVisible(false);
plugins.kioskmode.setStatusBarVisible(false);

// Register for events
forms.BasRegistration.register("Main", "handleMenuSelected", forms.BasEvents.getEventMenuSelected());
...[/Code]

Regards, Robert

PS: It still would be nice to have the menus in the menu bar at top of the display.

[quote="ngervasi"]It's working fine for me in several developer installation.
Try to set a breakpoint as early as possible in the solution startup and see when the menus are actually disappearing.[/quote]
Robert Huber

Postby Robert Huber » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi All

I noticed that when using a style for a field in a list, it seems that Servoy looses this style information when selecting the record. The attached screenshot shows a list with the Name field haaving a style with a 4 px left margin, i. e. margin: 0px 0px 0px 4px;

As soon as I click on this list, the selected record "jumps" 4 px to the left, i. e. forgets about the style attached to the field.

Anyone noticed that new behaviour in Servoy 4.1.1?

Regards, Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert Huber

Postby patrick » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm

I observe the same in a 3.5.8 table view. I am not sure since when this occurs ... In my case it's the same problem, the indent is not set correctly.
patrick

Postby martinh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:03 pm

[quote="lvostinar"][quote="martinh"]Can someone tell me what was wrong in this case:

[fix] case 189002 databaseManager.getChangedRecordData() gives wrong result

Because I just noticed that when a record was not changed, that databaseManager.getChangedRecordData() returned all fields with oldvalue NULL
And this in 3.5.8
I would like to know if the above fix was the same situation[/quote]

If nothing changed databaseManager.getChangedRecordData() should return an empty dataset; it used to return non empty even if record was not changed.[/quote]

Hi Laurian,

In that case you have the same bug in 3.5.8 like I noticed.
I expected also an empty dataset and I didn't get one.

Can you fix this also in 3.5?

Martin
martinh

Postby amcgilly » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:27 am

[quote="Jan Blok"]Import note: One of the developers reported that when the autosave is disabled and a foundset is loaded into a form an unwanted save can happen!
We consider this an important issue and will provide an public update as soon as possible.[/quote]

Related issue:

AutoSave is disabled. I have a table where the pk is an INTEGER and is entered by the user. Under 4.1.1, if I do newRecord() then as soon as the user enters a value in the pk field and tabs out of the field, the new record appears in the backend db. Under 4.1. this didn't happen until saveData. This new behavior is making it impossible for me to test for uniqueness of the pk value before saving - when test for uniqueness using find/search or a global relation Servoy tells me the new pk value already exists in the db so I have no choice but to try saving and wait to hear if the db complains of a uniqueness violation. I hope we can go back to the 4.1 behavior.

Thanks.
amcgilly

Postby lvostinar » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:58 pm

[quote="martinh]
Can you fix this also in 3.5?
[/quote]

This is now fixed for 3.5 also, the fix will be available in 3.5.9 .
lvostinar

Postby nric » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi,
after updating to 4.1.1, I see changes in the appearence in WebClient.

I attach the correct appearence in 4.1.0 and the wrong in 4.1.1, where there two problems:
[attachment=1]Servoy_4.1.1.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]Servoy_4.1.0.JPG[/attachment]

1. The long line, is a label with height = 1 and borderType: Line.
In 4.1.1, appears double.

2. The dataproviders have a class like this: border-width: 0px 0px 1px 1px;
In 4.1.1 the low borders are hidden.
If I leave a pixel more between different lines, the borders appears correclty.

There is another huge behavior with appearence that I cannot explain.
Some labels form appears correctly in a form and on other doesn't appear at all.

Anyone else has seen similar problems ?

Thanks,
Ric
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nric

Postby gerzse » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:14 pm

@nric: This happens indeed to labels in 4.1.1. They are 2px higher than they should be. This was fixed and will be available with the next release of Servoy.
gerzse

Postby martinh » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:29 pm

In 3.5.8 I also have on some places lables that are 2px lower than expected (2px lower, but also 2px smaller)

This is already quite a while the case.
In my case the labels are on the Header part of the form.
I see 2 almost equal labels on the same line and same size.
First label is shown 2px low erand smaller (18px) than the second one (size 20px)

We tried out all kind of situations and stylesheets, but we can get it on the right position

[attachment=0]Capture.JPG[/attachment]
martinh

Postby martinh » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:56 pm

I don't know if it has something to do with it, but when this form is shown in webclient, I see the following error appearing in the serverlog:

2009-03-20 17:53 http-8041-1 ERROR org.apache.wicket.request.target.resource.ComponentResourceRequestTarget
error handling resource request for component [MarkupContainer [Component id = sv_427a10ef_2015_4f20_872b_5cde209b59fb]], on page [Page class = com.servoy.j2db.server.headlessclient.MainPage, id = 3, version = 1, ajax = 2], listener IResourceListener - null
martinh

Postby jcompagner » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:36 am

Robert Huber wrote:I found the difference to previous Servoy Developer versions:

I use(d) this code and made even the comment in the plugins.kioskmode.setMenuVisible(false); line that it has no effect in Servoy Developer, but with the latest version it has...

Removing that line makes the menu visible and still in the client it does NOT appear as expected.

Code: Select all
// Suppress Servoy menu and tool bar as well as bottom status bar
plugins.kioskmode.setMenuVisible(false); // Has no effect in Servoy Developer

This has no effect in the developer is only the case for 3.5
in 4.0 you have for the most part a real client. So if you will see a real client when you are calling those things on the menu
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby jcompagner » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:41 am

martinh wrote:I don't know if it has something to do with it, but when this form is shown in webclient, I see the following error appearing in the serverlog:

2009-03-20 17:53 http-8041-1 ERROR org.apache.wicket.request.target.resource.ComponentResourceRequestTarget
error handling resource request for component [MarkupContainer [Component id = sv_427a10ef_2015_4f20_872b_5cde209b59fb]], on page [Page class = com.servoy.j2db.server.headlessclient.MainPage, id = 3, version = 1, ajax = 2], listener IResourceListener - null

Cant really tell what exactly happens but this is code that loads an icon (blobloader for example) from a label/button
So somewhere you should miss a icon on that form.
Icons/Media that are solution media's arent dont through this way so those are not affected. This is pure dynamic images from custom urls.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby nric » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:55 pm

[quote="gerzse"]@nric: This happens indeed to labels in 4.1.1. They are 2px higher than they should be. This was fixed and will be available with the next release of Servoy.[/quote]

Is there a schedule about the next release ?
I would like to avoid changing hundreds of forms.

Ric
nric

Previous

Return to Announcements